As four friends touring south India temple cities we took a break and went to the spice hills in Kerala. It was a long drive from Madurai but the Carmerlia Haven was just the type of beautiful, secluded, cool respite we needed from the bustling hot cities. The setting was exquisitely landscaped, the tea plantation atmosphere and the jungle birds lovely, the people friendly and helpful and the food excellent. The only glitch was with some recent construction that caused paint smell in the room and a water pipe problem that necessitated us to change cottages. But the management handled our concerns very well and gave us a break on our meal charges as apology. The manager, Vipin, was especially helpful. I expect their construction glitches are now fixed and they are fully the fine plce they can be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55 acres of lush green spice-plantation with lots of activities for all age groups. You can have the feel of luxury tree houses or cave-room. Unmatchable ambiance and top-notch hospitality . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Agoda and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Carmelia Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmelia Haven Thekkady, Kerala, India
- Carmelia Haven Hotel Thekkady