Me and my family stayed at this hotel early 2006. This place is a little out of the way but well worth the drive. Living in this hotel is like living in a cardammon garden. The owner of this hotel happens to be a spice grower and has made this hotel in midst of all things green. The hotel has big grounds and lot of greenery around it. The rooms are a little deprived of any color with just plain white walls. The rooms could use some decoration. But if you are staying at this hotel I would suggest booking the Cave room or the tree house. That's the highlight of living at this hotel. You actually get to live in a cave or a tree house and can enjoy the hotel even more. If you are unlucky like us and these rooms are already booked do ask the people at the front desk to arrange for you to take a tour of the property and also show you a glimpse of these rooms. We did the tour and had this sweet guy with us to show us the whole property complete with all spice plaintations and various other trees like coffee etc.
Then we went for this super excitiing ride a little away from the property called Kailasa Lake. This lake also happens to be owned by the person who owns Carmilia Haven. So this ride is free for the guests of the hotel. This experience was exciting not only because the area was scenic and we could have done boating (if it was not that hot that day) in the lake, also because there is a jeep ride waiting for you. The driver takes you up this steep hill in an open jeep for a Safari. The jeep goes real fast and makes you feel as if you are in an amusement park. The whole excitement is in the fear when the jeep makes those sharp turns. This should not be missed at any cost. This whole experience makes Carmilia Haven a very different kind of hotel to stay in. I would have given it 5 on 5 had we probably got a better room....maybe a cave room or a tree house?? Nonetheless I LOVED it big time!!! ! The food is also pretty decent.
Don't miss it just because of the distance from city center
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 55 acres of lush green spice-plantation with lots of activities for all age groups. You can have the feel of luxury tree houses or cave-room. Unmatchable ambiance and top-notch hospitality . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Southall Travel, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Carmelia Haven reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carmelia Haven Thekkady, Kerala, India
- Carmelia Haven Hotel Thekkady