“very very simple”

Thrisangu Haven Resort
Ranked #36 of 127 Thekkady B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 April 2013

i stayed in this hell this april,on seeing their ad's over the net , i thought it'll be a real heaven,on reaching the place i was shocked to see the premises,totally congested surrounded by a town,
the location of this resort is over a hilltop,we asked for a royal cottage rooms over the phone ,they accepted early,but on reaching there we found we were allotted deluxe rooms,we checked in ,suddenly a scream....my niece found a worm over the bed,and the whole room was full of insects.,after informing to the front desk ,they came and cleaned everything and asked us to shut the window doors tightly,and left..my niece was afraid of the bed and slept i the sofa itself..we had dinner in the restaurant ,food was average and my family members started annoying me to look for some other place,we adjusted ourselves among bugs,hard beds, unhygienic toilets and sultry room,early morning we got up and went for a walk ,traffic started early and i couldn't get a resort ambience.we checked out the resort with a hurry...

Room Tip: please don't choose those deluxe rooms,
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank henitkannan

Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed on this beautiful place for 1 day with my wife, 1 kid, my parents and everyone of us have thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The place is located on a hilltop providing great views just from the resort itself.
The cottage which we stayed was spacious and clean. There was 24hrs running hot water and generator back-up for power.
I would loved to stay longer but 1 day was good.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank KhatriRocks
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was a bit reluctant after reading the reviews. But it all vanished as soon as i reached there. The staffs were really good, the room was really nice and the food was also good, though it took a bit of time to get it served. During the afternoon the mist would cover the whole resort making it worth the stay. The hot water didnt work in my room, so they eagerly switched us to another room. The room service would take 30 minuites to get a tea, but that is something that can be ignored when compared to the other positives.

Room Tip: get an elegant cottage, rather than delux rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank extremetraveller
Reviewed 23 January 2013

My greatest gripe about this poorly run place was the five gigantic phone masts towers sited right next to the resort. I do mind being fried by them and will not have come if I knew it was there. I looked at their brochure and saw how they too had chosen not to represent them.

Beyond the lovely scenic views all around (minus the super-powered phone masts) the living conditions in the standard rooms were dismal. 50% of the lights in the room and bathroom were broken and unfixed. The shower was damp and dark. The mattress was ok but its condition is tired and time to be replaced.

The staff didn't speak much English and beyond looking like they were eager to please, you never get the service you need. We had two local guides who spoke good English and helped us translate our needs and still no action taken. The General Manager seemed the least interested of the lot. He would come to show his position but would quickly go back to his papers. Nothing much got done.

We were a group of seven and we had to wait for at least 45 mins for all our meals (lunch, dinner and breakfast). Then they would come tell us that some parts of our orders were no longer available. We couldn't believe them as there was no other party there!

The effect of their service and housing conditions left me wondering if they were indeed interested in having business at all.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 December 2012

It was a Great experience, Great location that the name itself right Thrisangu' that means between heaven and earth ! lovely and very friendly staff, myself wife and our two year old really enjoyed our stay..

Room Tip: The royal cottages are the best with extra space if you are going with children, 2nd one called eleg...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank JoKallarackal
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I have stayed on this beautiful place for 2 days with my wife and 2 kids and everyone of us have thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The place is located on a hilltop providing great views just from the resort itself. The hotel staff and the manager (Mr.Siby) have take care of our needs with utmost care as if their relatives/own family was staying in the resort. The royal cottage which we stayed was spacious and clean. There was 24hrs running hot water and generator back-up for power. We checked-in at the time of heavy rains and staff had brought hot food (which was really a heaven on earth). Food at other times were also good.. especially the aappam and egg curry for breakfast.. My kids enjoyed playing at the two small children's play area.. and there are 3 big goose that provided little bit of additional attractions for them.. If you want to spend a quite a little get-away with your family amidst the nature and courteous people.. this is the place!

Room Tip: Cottage on the west side provide great view to the endless moutains and valleys
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gilbert74
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We (me, wife and my kid) had a lovely stay (for 2 days) and loved to extend it for more. But unfortunately didn't have enough holidays. The name really says it all. Excellent location, helpful staff. I would prefer to stay there again on my coming holidays. Thank you

Room Tip: cottages have the great scenery to watch
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank kevinkool
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thekkady
Treebo Adrak Summer Sand Hill Resort
Misty Mountain Plantation Resort
Wind Valley Hill Resort
Wind Valley Hill Resort
#3 of 8 in Kuttikkanam

Been to Thrisangu Haven Resort? Share your experiences!