“A wonderful holiday”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thekkady
Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Mundax is a beautiful homestay with lovely gardens and rooms. I loved the fantastic variety of vegetarian food - many thanks to Kunjma, I particularly enjoyed the yoga and meditation sessions with Mathew and now have a practice that I am continuing at home. Mathew has recommended books and web sites for my further interest. Biju drove me to and from the airport and on various trips. I highly recommend him because he is a very careful driver, good company with a sense of humour and always ready to impart his knowledge of the area. I visited a tea factory - it's fascinating to see the whole process of producing tea. My favourite visit was to the spice garden. The guide was so enthusiastic and knowledgeable. He pointed out many plants and spices most of which I had only seen before in spice jars. Afterwards I had a very relaxing boat trip at Lake Periyar. Another highlight of my stay was a guided walk at Periyar where the local guide pointed out all kinds of plants, trees, birds and animals. I also went on a few walks which Mathew suggested close to Mundax. One day I walked to the Ayurvedic Hospital for a massage - I would recommend that too - then I returned in the little three-wheeled auto. Mathew and Agi are a very kind, caring couple who really look after you. All in all a wonderful holiday.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 November 2012

It was by pure chance that we came to stay in MUNDAX Homestay. On our way to Thekkady we noticed an attractive house, traditionally styled, nestled in a beautiful garden setting. When our driver said that it is a Homestay, we decided to stay there for a night. To our luck, they had a room free.
The caretaker took our order for dinner and started preparing the meal. Two hours later, we were at the dining table. Tasteful decor, ultra clean kitchen, simple but fresh and very tasty food. Same quality with breakfast and lunch. Superb and courteous service. Comfortable bed. Well-fitted room. Healthy air. We ended up staying there for four days.
The 'hosts' went to the limits and beyond to make us feel at home: even taking us around in a Jeep, visiting tea estates, wild life sanctuary, lakes, hills, etc.
But for the damn airfare, my wife and I would be back here year after year, at least for a couple of weeks at a time, rejuvenating us for our hectic California life!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Thayil M
Reviewed 24 October 2012

My husband and I spent 5 days with Mat and Agi at Mundax end September, early October and it was just wonderful! Mat and Agi are a very special couple, so caring, attentive, just so friendly, perfect hosts! We did our first yoga which we enjoyed, thank you Mat and Agi for being so patient with us. We went to see the tea plantation which was enjoyable. We just loved our massage at the hospital, wonderful experience! It is such a peaceful place, ideal just to relax in the grounds which are just lovely. We can truly recommend this joyous experience. Thank you Mat and Agi for everything. Christine and Michael N.Z.

Room Tip: Mat and Agi only have two rooms, one large double or 2 single beds.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I was at Mundax (my Heaven on earth), for the ??? time this year. The mere fact that I come back here for quietude and not attitude, words are perhaps unnecessary, for Mundax needs to be experienced by one. There now is an angel by Mat's side in the form of Agi. The cleanliness, the silence, surrounded by nature at her most charming, the two incredible, agile Yoga Masters ie. Mat and Agi, the delicious repasts, pure vegetarian at every meal, served FRESH. May Mundax give you what your heart and mind need, pure joy! Lorraine

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Shirdi9
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I visited Mundax with a couple of friends for business. The property is set in a valley right at Kuttikanam junction. Mathew who owns and run this place is a great person. Treats his guest as family and takes very good care of everyone. Perfect place for a holistic recharge.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 April 2012

This is a great place, it's very clean and well looked after, as you will be because Mathew is an excellent host. I really enjoyed my stay there and found the yoga lessons superb. The place is incredibly quiet and is the perfect place to relax and get away from it all.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michaelpilgrim
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I have come searching for inner peace, and hoped for the healing power of the misty mountains and the quiet homestay far from the crowd. Mundax offered exactly that. I cannot say more than what has already been said about the great view, comfortable room, and warm hospitality. Mathew has been a wonderful teacher and compassionate human being, who quietly watched me through some transformations I'm going through. His very presence practiced what he's teaching, that the peace and joy come from within, from being here and now.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thekkady
Niraamaya Retreats Cardamom Club - Thekkady
Amaana Plantation Resort
Amaana Plantation Resort
#2 of 43 in Thekkady
Misty Mountain Plantation Resort

Been to Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!