“Amazing Experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thekkady
Mundax Homestay Yoga Retreat
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

It's too bad I don't have the option of giving a 6/5 review or some standard of excellence. My girlfriend and I are both as novice as ones can get a yoga and meditation. We decided to sign up with Mathew and Agi's homestay retreat in Kuttikkanam village to give it all a go in a cooler climate than the Keralan coast. Upon arrival we were greeted so warmly by Mathew and Agi - instantly we felt at home. Over the course of 8 days, we were instructed in the techniques of meditation and yoga in the calmest, non-judging and friendly environment I think I've ever experienced. I feel like we came as guests and left as friends. When I come back to India, a stay at Mundax will definitely be on the itinerary. Thank you again Mathew & Agi for everything!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 March 2014

As soon as I arrived at Matthew and Agi's place I immediately felt calm and relaxed. They were so welcoming and exuded a beautiful sense of happiness and peace.
The meditation and yoga I practised with Matthew and Agi was perfect for my level of expertise and perfect in terms of stress on the body. In fact, I felt strong and rejuvenated after spending a week at Mundax.
The design of the house is beautiful and my room was the best I've stayed in while touring India.
Walking through the tea plantations was a highlight, with many spectacular views of the valley below Thekkady.
Another highlight was the Ayurvedic massage I had during my stay, which was very relaxing.
I just loved everything about his place and hope I can visit again one day. Can't thank you enough Matthew and Agi.
Also, thanks to Biju for driving me around, look forward to seeing you driving for India in F1 in the near future.
Take care guys

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Mundax is a place ideal for those who want to get up the mountain and come back down a different person. The retreat is nestled into a small valley with an old plantation developed around a small artificial lake. We stayed at the superior room (highly recommended!) which comes with a great view, a magnificent sunrise and a nice porch to sit and listen to the crickets at night.

Our mediation and yoga assanas were gently guided by the two lovely hosts Agi and Mathew. A soundscape of birdsongs eased the drift of thoughts and stillness in oneself.

The shared meals were simple country dishes prepared with love by the local cook. The beds are an ascetic reminder of working out body and mind...

We had a wonderful six days at Mundax and found it a good break between the beaches of Kerala and cultural life of Madurai

Room Tip: Go for the superior room with the view and the sunrise!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2014

How to describe paradise? Mundax is the most amazing place I have ever been to, not only because of incredibly beautiful nature or luxurious rooms, but because of best yoga teachers I have ever had. Mundax has been created by Agi – incredible Polish lady and Mat – who is originally from Kerala. Agi and Mat are perfectly balanced, full of love and good energy people who made our stay at their home unforgettable experience. Agi become our yoga master, teaching us how to release stress and discover deeper energy levels, Mat allowed us to understand more from the local culture and thanks to his connections we have been able to discover the best places in the neighborhood: Ayurvedic Hospital, Spice Garden and much, much more.
I would not be able to imagine better place for re-gaining inner peace, clearing mind and recharging batteries than Mundax. The perfect combination of yoga, good food and ideal weather have let us rest and forget about stressful life for 10 amazing days. Yoga classes have been delivered only to us both, so it was the most personalized practice one can think of. Food… as in the real paradise food was delivered straight from the origin of heavenly tastes. The best vegetarian food I have ever eaten, influenced our taste so much that after coming back home we almost stopped eating meat. The green egg curry was absolutely the best. And the pineapple desert. And small bananas. And the coffee from Mundax’s garden – unforgettable. And the honey from the wild bees (!!!).
Agi and Mat had been eating every meal with us, what gave us an amazing opportunity to talk and share our thoughts. For us that was truly beneficial exchange as both of them are incredibly inspiring people. Almost two months after coming back from Mundax I still feel like that staying there was one of the best experiences in my life.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank driada
Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

One of us is a beginner yogi and one of us is an experienced yogi and we both enjoyed and learnt a lot from Mathew's yoga classes.

For the beginner yogi they are a safe way to start yoga that includes the deeper spiritual aspects as well as clear explanation of the physical postures. For the experienced yogi the class is soft, light and flowing, and a good way to refresh your commitment to the basics of your practice. Mathew is a kind, genuine and wise teacher.

The surroundings are lovely and the building is airy and spacious. The yoga room is light and intimate. Your room is private with a homey bedroom, clean bathroom and a sitting room for contemplation with two windows that look out onto greenery.

The food was the best we've eaten! It was varied tasty and nutritious with lots of lentils and pulses. We enjoyed meal times with Mathew and the other guests.

I would recommend this to friends and would come back to stay again. It was such a great opportunity to practice yoga twice in the day (in the morning and evening). We finish our four days feeling peaceful and refreshed.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 3 January 2014

My 5 days here were some of the most enriching of my life. It was amazing to be introduced the world of meditation and yoga while receiving such personalized attention.

Even if it's something you're not sure you would have that much interest in, Mundax is in such a beautiful place and the food is so good that I would think anyone would enjoy it.

What makes it so special is that Matthew and Agi are two of the most beautiful people you'll ever meet!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Tomas O
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Stayed with Mathew and Agi recently for 5 days and had a great experience. They are both great teachers and hosts and the mindful approach they bring to yoga has helped me bring something new to my practice. The home cooked food was amazing and mealtimes with Mat and Agi and the other guests were a friendly and enjoyable experience. I hope that i will make it back at some point in the future - a truly magical place created by two lovely beings :-)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo