We had a short one night stay at Thekaddy in October and we chose the Elephant Court based on the TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel claims to be a 5 Star property, but I would rather rate it a decent 3.5-4 Star place. We were received with a very warm traditional welcome at the hotel and check-in was quite smooth and quick.
The lobby area and interiors had a tasteful traditional Kerala theme with ample seating area and the restaurant was adjacent to the lobby.
The rooms and bathrooms were quite spacious and well furnished. The balcony was cozy but the views were blocked by trees.
The pool area was a bit of a disappointment. The pool and surrounding area could've used some cleaning/better upkeep.
The hotel was scarcely occupied during our stay so there was no breakfast buffet but the service staff did a good and prompt job to get us whatever we ordered.
All in all, a decent place to stay for one night but a bit expensive for what it offers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "The Elephant Court" is the one and only classified 5 star resort and is largest and most luxurious resort at Thekkady and Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary. The resort is conveniently located near the Periyar Tiger Reserve and all major tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Elephant Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Elephant Court Hotel Thekkady
- Elephant Court Hotel Thekkady
- Elephant Court Thekkady
- The Elephant Court Thekkady, Kerala, India