“Unique little gem”
Review of Coffee Inn

Coffee Inn
Ranked #24 of 134 Thekkady B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed at the Coffee Inn on Christmas of 2013. It is a very unique and quirky building with a different piece of artwork or woodwork around each twist and turn. We stayed on the 2nd floor with a view overlooking the preserve. The room was spacious and felt very homey. Our friends had the cottage in the garden with the nice courtyard. Jackson, one of the staff, made a fire for us in the garden each night. Our package came with a complimentary breakfast but when we arrived we were informed that the kitchen would not be open til next year and in fact the coffee inn didn't even have coffee at that time. They did comp us breakfast up the street at Thekkady inn which was actually quite good. I would recommend it if you like unusual and unique places to stay. By the way the picture is photo shopped, it's in the middle of the city.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank TylerWood

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great value place, we stayed in the little cottage at the end of the garden. We did have a few issues with the room but the staff did everything possible to rectify. They were all friendly. There is WiFi although you have to stand in reception to use it and it's very slow. Overall worth a look and reasonably priced

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank freddysteadygo
Reviewed 26 November 2013

We stayed in the "Wild Huts" section and well my first impression was "Oh my god do I have to sleep with bugs all around me?"! But i gradually calmed down and took to the place. We were there just two nights and after an incidence free night I was fine. The surroundings are quite pretty and overlook the sanctuary. The rooms are basic but decent. Same goes with the bathroom. The only problem is there's just one plug point and ours was sparking so we couldn't use it!! I had to charge my phone at the reception constantly which was quite painful. And contrary to my initial reaction, no, you dont have to sleep with bugs all around you. haha You might have an occasional frog or weird flying insect but nothing much. Just be sure to keep yhe cottage door shut as much as possible. Also, for tea in the morning there's this lovely homestay next door which sells tea and they even allow you to take the pot and cups to your room in coffee inn!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Pranky1901
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I has with my wife in India ,we only had 2 weeks in kerala and. we spent one week in CoffeeInn.This property as a unique theme.It was very nice place with lots of greenery .Rooms was well maintained , really comfortable and relaxed ,I recommend this place highly.
ROOM TIP:The honeymoon cottage good for couples.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank razakmalaysia
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My Vacation to Kerala was really awesome with the real stay we had at Thekkady. Two days stay at Coffee Inn with my family gave me an amazing experience of the whole travel to Thekkady. The worn out feeling of journey was smoothened by the well maintained rooms and furnishings at Coffee Inn. The Wooden furnishing and decorated interiors are really commendable. The kind of hospitality by the staff members was beyond expectations. The nature view from the room was a great sight to eyes. The resort is well placed in the heart of nature's beauty and I loved the time we all spent there. Great place to stay at an affordable price where we get the real worth of our money!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JayalakshmiV
Reviewed 9 October 2013

It was a nice experience being at Coffe Inn for few days with my family. We had a great time with superb atmosphere with a view exposed to the Wildlife Sanctuary. It was really awesome. The hospitality of the staff and the services were excellent and satisfactory.The rooms were neatly maintained and the wooden finishing add to the elegance of the rooms. Overall, I would say, it was "Mind-Blowing".

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sruthi S
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Sir, I have a suggestion , last weekend I had reached Kumily (Kerala) with my family late at night ,we search on your website to find the telephone number of Hotel Coffee Inn , We couldn't find under hotels in Thekkady on the website , most of the hotels which mentioned in website hotels in Thekkady they are situated around Kumily .Then I tried to find a auto rickshaw to go to Coffee Inn one was saying last year its closed , other one said the rooms are full today and he tried to take us in a different place , then we told him we booked the rooms at Coffee Inn then only he brought us to Coffee Inn , we found out most of the rooms vacant the problem they don't pay commission to auto rickshaw drivers .
Sir my suggestion its the beautiful place in Thekkady we had a campfire in the garden and we have seen more wild animals at backyard of the hotel than in boating at Periyar lake .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family