The Trivandrum hotel had been renovated to the present state with in a couple of years. They claim to be in business from as early as 1934. The hotel is in pretty good shape considering the lineage, the corridors are adorned with caricatures and portraits.
The location is next to the Secretariate. Separated by a single line one-way road.
Let me sort down the Pluses and Minuses
1) Location , This place is centrally located.
2) The rooms are pretty big for the decent tariff.
3) The staff are very accommodative.
4) Free WIFI
5) Great Restaurant, they got a 24 Hour take out center and a Juice parlor as well.
1) The bath rooms are not that accommodating and I was able to find a couple of roaches to give me company. Not a big thing though.
2) Car parking ain't that spacious, but can be exempted considering the proximity to the road and location
Do I recommend it for a decent stay : YES.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trivandrum Hotel is located at the doorstep of Kerala’s power center, the Government Secretariat, is more than its enviable street address; it’s a leading pillar of civility that offers accommodation merged with world class restaurants serving the finest ethnic Travancore cuisine for its discerning clientele. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Trivandrum Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trivandrum Hotel Kerala, India