“Awesome Food, Spacious Rooms”

Fortune Hotel The South Park
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Good for Family visiting Trivandrum. All rooms come with large buffet breakfast. The food was awesome and kids friendly. The rooms and bathroom are very spacious. Value for money as well. The hotel was kind enough for a late checkout (additional 3 hrs). All tours can be arranged in the hotel itself. Great Experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Greetings from Fortune Hotel The South Park !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Trivandrum .

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Hotel The South Park and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have recently been to Hotel The South Park, where i have noticed that this hotel is living upto its brand, food is good multi cuisine restaurant, well behaved staff, neat and clean every thing was fine and also fit into the pocket easily. but only thing was missing was space for parking and no swimming pool in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The biggest plus point of the hotel is the location. But compared to the similar hotels in the locality, this is very much over priced, more than 30%. I stayed here because my first priority hotels were all booked out as i planned my trip in the last minute. They are trying to sell the hotel on their affiliation to fortune group, but i don't see any additional value compared to the similar hotels in the locality. The rooms are ok, but the corridors are in pretty bad shape. No fitness center or swimming pool. restaurant is under renovation. Breakfast is average. Overall, high priced for less facilities.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room facing the road
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Dear Sir ,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback . I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum . We have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

While I regret on behalf of all at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum , the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you back, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Warm Regards,

ajit.kumar@fortunehotels.in

Reviewed 28 August 2013

First experience of South Park Hotel. A frequent traveller, found the location superb, ambience comforting and comfortable. Lobby is very welcoming and staff courteus and warm. They go that extra mile to ensure that the customer is happy. Special thanks to the satff of early morning 20th Aug in helping to get the posters across to the station on time which was by mistake left in the room:) Breakfast and service good. Quiet ambience good business travellers.

Room Tip: Corner room & 5th and above floors
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Reviewed 24 August 2013

First experience of The South Park Hotel was in November / December 2002.
The lobby was good and I still remember the traditional way I was received by the GM and other members of the hotel management and the ceremonial welcome with thalis having lighted lamps by the ladies attired in the traditional Kerala sarees.
The Members of Parliament of a Parliamentary Committee were put up here and the meeting was also in the same hotel.
All arrangements were made nicely including travel arrangements and the Committee members were satisfied.
The food qualuty was good.
The ambience of the various dining spaces and restaurants was good.
The roof top place was good for an evening get-to-gether and we had good views of Thiruvananthapuram.
After the first visit, some other friends were either put up here or were taken for lunch or dinner and they all liked the hotel and the food.
I still remember the then GM Mr.Gopi, who used to take personal interest in everything and I also had opportunity to play golf with him in The Trivandrum Golf Club.
Once we were invited for a ceremonial occasion when the invitees knead the flour for the cakes and while doing so find some surprise gifts in the dough.
Of course I did not find any gifts being too slow in grabbing things.
I think Mr Ajith, present GM, was also there then.
I have fond memories of the official visits there for meetings and invitations to parties and functions during the period 2002-2006.
I always felt at home with the warm and friendly hospitality.
Visits were either on official business or with friends and family.

Room Tip: Higher the rooms better the views around the city.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Dear Sir,

Reviewed 10 August 2013

The room was spacious, A/c system was very comfortable, breakfast and service in the restaurant was very good. Housekeeping and maintenance is bad. The location is superb, but outwardly the hotel gives a deserted look, needs refurbishing.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear Sir ,

Warm Regards,

ajit.kumar@fortunehotels.in

Reviewed 16 July 2013

I went with my 11 other friends (only ladies) on a holy tour to THIRUVANANTHAPURAM. We stayed in this hotel for 1.5 days. All facilities were provided with utmost care to us. The hotel authorities were very courteous to us during our stay.

They also arranged free drop to railway station in their own vehicles inspite of a city-bandh. I will surely recommend this hotel for a luxurious stay. Truly a star hotel :)

Room Tip: A double room is very spacious...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Greetings from Fortune Hotel The South Park !

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valueable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.