“Not very happy with South Park Trivandrum :(”

Fortune Hotel The South Park
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at Fortune South park, Trivandrum for a night in November 2013. The hotel is not as per standard, Interiors at the reception look good but the room I was in, the walls were in chipping of condition.

My booking confirmed a room with bath tub, fruit platter and cookies as part of the package. Though I received the fruit platter after repeated reminders. We did not get the room with bath tub as promised while booking.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Sir ,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback . I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum . We have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

While I regret on behalf of all at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum , the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you back, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

I am pretty late to review this hotel. But still, better late than never.
I visited Trivandrum in January 2012 (selected December 2012 in travel date, as couldn't find January 2012). for my official trip. It was my first trip to Kerela so was pretty excited. Out of options provided by my company I opted for The South Park, as it belongs to the ITC group. So had quite big expectations from the hotel. As soon as I entered the hotel, I could easily make out that it is not my taste. The hotel is typical business hotel and located near the commercial center of the city. I think it is pretty old hotel and now (the time I visited) urgently requires retrofit.
Room service was good, but doesn't have to offer much. Room gives you very low kind of feeling and will always look to move out.
I forgot the name of their restaurant; I had a dinner over there. There was a person performing live, so the atmosphere was pretty lively. The dinner buffet they had offered, was pretty good. The service was also pretty quick. Cant comment on vegetarian, but non-veg dishes were really awesome. The setback was breakfast. Whole week the restaurant offered exactly the same menu. Though the food was good, but seriously if a person is staying for more than 2 days, he have to plan for breakfast outside the hotel.
Overall, property is average and they seriously needs a retrofit, atleast for their rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We stayed for 2-nights in this hotel. It's located in the heart of the city conveniently located (about 2-3 kms from Lord Padmanabha and few other temples). Hotel staff were nice and helpful. Rooms are clean, spacious & well maintained. The only part of the hotel that we weren't happy about was the Restaurant. They made us wait on an average for 45 minutes to 1 hour. And the inordinate delay in serving was made more painful by the loud band music they play during dinner. Buffet breakfast had a good spread but the quality of the food was not up to the mark. Overall though, I would still recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Trivandrum who is not too picky about food.

Room Tip: Stay in this hotel but eat out in a nearby restaurant.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nagendra R
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Reviewed 1 October 2013

i chose this hotel on the recommendation of a friend who resides locally in trivandrum.on arrival,was welcomed warmly at the reception as if iam a frequent visitor.later i was surprised to learn that one of them was the general manager himself and that he personally ensures the comfort of the guests.
the suite allotted to me was well furnished modern and spacious.what money i paid for,i got more than in return.the breakfast spread was lavish sumptuous and wholesome with both local and international cuisine.all the three restaurants are well maintained and the staffs go out of their way to prepare certain dishes which are not available in the menu.on the whole an exhilirating experiance,keep up the goodwork.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Fortune Hotel The South Park !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Trivandrum .

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Hotel The South Park and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Good for Family visiting Trivandrum. All rooms come with large buffet breakfast. The food was awesome and kids friendly. The rooms and bathroom are very spacious. Value for money as well. The hotel was kind enough for a late checkout (additional 3 hrs). All tours can be arranged in the hotel itself. Great Experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Madam,

Reviewed 26 September 2013

I have recently been to Hotel The South Park, where i have noticed that this hotel is living upto its brand, food is good multi cuisine restaurant, well behaved staff, neat and clean every thing was fine and also fit into the pocket easily. but only thing was missing was space for parking and no swimming pool in the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2013

Dear Madam,

Reviewed 24 September 2013

The biggest plus point of the hotel is the location. But compared to the similar hotels in the locality, this is very much over priced, more than 30%. I stayed here because my first priority hotels were all booked out as i planned my trip in the last minute. They are trying to sell the hotel on their affiliation to fortune group, but i don't see any additional value compared to the similar hotels in the locality. The rooms are ok, but the corridors are in pretty bad shape. No fitness center or swimming pool. restaurant is under renovation. Breakfast is average. Overall, high priced for less facilities.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room facing the road
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013