“experienced excellent service”

Fortune Hotel The South Park
Reviewed 12 March 2014

had stayed for two days along with family and had a very pleasant experience. I must in particular, mention the excellent service provided to make me comfortable and the friendly yet professional behavior of the staff.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Greetings from Fortune Hotel The South Park !

At the outset, I would like to thank you for giving us the opportunity of hosting you during your visit to Trivandrum .

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , it is our constant endeavor to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency. Feedback from valuable patrons like you helps us improve ourselves and exceed expectations.

I look forward to meeting you during your next visit to Fortune Hotel The South Park and would be delighted to assist you with any requirements.

There are newer reviews for Fortune Hotel The South Park

Reviewed 10 March 2014

stayed here for 2 nights with my entire family and had booked 4 rooms. It was a very pleasant stay with a hospitable staff right from the word go. Nicely furnished rooms with one of the best showers in the business. Breakfast spread was awesome. Room service tariff was high and hence couldn't gather courage to order the dinner :)

Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I had been to South Park earlier on few occasions and I usually don't try any other while visiting Trivandrum. What I like best is the sense of comfort that envelops you as you enter the premise. It doesn't have that non personal air that other glossier hotels have; rather the place is welcoming. I think its becoz of the hospitality of the staff. Most are very helpful and well informed. Food is good and has a variety to suit different palates. Rooms are clean and service prompt.

A good place to stay and feel relaxed

Room Tip: I would leave that to the front office who are very helpful to help you choose a room suited to your...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo

Dear Madam,

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The south park belongs to the fortune chain of hotels owned by ITC. This hotel is very good. Its quite an old hotel but completely refurbished recently. It includes premium Complimentary toiletries. The breakfast is average. But the quality of service is excellent. In the city center. The prices of the restaurant is average. Good hotel overall

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Reviewed 28 February 2014

This definitely has to be the worst experience for me in India. Returning to Thiruvananthapuram after almost 2 decades, I was looking forward to the trip to God's own country only for the experience to be spoilt by this hotel. First of all, the airport pickup never arrived. The airport is pretty small and I walked at least for 15 - 20 minutes looking for the driver but to my disappointment he was nowhere to be seen. Soon it started raining heavily and luckily I could get a taxi from the airport to the hotel. When I complained regarding this, the front desk told me that the driver was actually waiting for me. What a blatant lie! The room allocated for me was OK since I booked the deluxe suite. I can't imagine how the normal rooms look like. The staff have no sense of hospitality at all. I had ordered for room service in the room, but one whiff of the smelly glass that was provided to me almost made me puke. I wonder if it was even washed in the first place. Last but not least, the breakfast. Again, no sense of courtesy or hospitality by the staff and the spread for the breakfast was below average. Overall, a total waste of my money and will never EVER return back to this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Raj R
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Dear Sir ,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback . I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum . We have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

It is through valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

While I regret on behalf of all at Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum , the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune Hotel The South Park , Trivandrum, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you back, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Warm Regards,

ajit.kumar@fortunehotels.in

Reviewed 25 February 2014

the rooms were very tiny...food was manageable.our stay was for short time.interiors and furniture were bit old.location was good.overall rating is satisfactory.linen were stinking and room service were poor

Room Tip: I don't prefer any room over here...just have a look before you check-in
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sunseb
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Sir ,

Warm Regards,

ajit.kumar@fortunehotels.in

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We were in the spotlight throughout our stay at the hotel. All the guests were given absolute importance and were being served with a smile. These guys surely know how to pamper their guests.

This property is actually on the Far end of MG Road and is therefore away from the Market Noises and close to the tourist attractions (some are actually on the walking distance).

The Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Our suite room was huge, had an additional big powder room with a view of MG Road and the Church. We were on the sixth floor and probably had the best view of the city.

Bathrooms are big, modern and functional. Every thing that a traveller might need was thoughtfully put in the Bathrooms. They were clean, hygienic and felt fresh.

Food is just yummm.... The best part is that the Chef Joginder Singh, personally meets all the guests, understands their expectations and then delivers the perfection. He personally cooked some great starters for us as a goodwill gesture! The buffet variety is great and it includes some great wines and amazing sweet dishes. The Restaurant Staff is very courteous and makes every effort to keep their guests enjoying their food. AND ---- There is live performance in the Restaurant.... Since we are from the North, we were treated to some great Hindi Melodies. There is also a provision of Karaoke if you want to try out a live performance..... Our Dinner was no less than a Party and the breakfasts were more like the Sunday Feasts.

The Travel Desk is very responsive and customizes the tours very well. We thoroughly enjoyed the city tour with our driver Sujith who was proficient in Hindi and English. He took us to the local Markets and we relished the Trivandrum lifestyle and culture with him.

The Reception Staff can smile 24x7. They seem to have an answer for almost all the questions and are good at making friends. From Checking in to Checking out they took special care of our needs.

Ajith, General Manager, is a great host and his team represents his values. Loved our stay at the hotel and we look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
FHTSP, General Manager at Fortune Hotel The South Park, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Ms.Kaur,