“Excellent Sea view Resort”

Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed at this property for one day from 13th Oct to 14th Oct 2013. We had booked a standard deluxe double non a/c room. However, on arrival the hotel staff upgraded to Deluxe Double non A/c room free of cost.

The room had an excellent backwater and sea view from the balcony. Watching the sunset from the room was an amazing experience. The room was clean and well-maintained. The hotel staff was very hospitable.

The hotel's in-house restaurant was deserted (hardly a couple of guests). The food was extremely expensive way to high for the standard of the hotel and the quality of food being served.

The beach was very dirty with a lot of waste strewn around.

Room Tip: Choose the duluxe double non a/c room which is truly a value for money specially on the first or sec...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sandeep S

Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

I was there with my parents from the 9th September to the 12th and it was an amazing experience for me. Glad that I did my "research" on trip advisor prior to choosing this hotel. It was one of the hotels in the vicinity that has raving reviews and I was not disappointed. We felt very much at home and the service felt it came from the heart. Vishnu is a gem! Always making a point to ask how was our day out in town and he is such a pleasant young man. Thank you Vishnu. It's the staff that makes the place such a wonderful place to stay.
The view from the balcony was stunning. I sat there for hours watching the sun set and in the morning watching the sun rise. God's own country indeed!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Time goes in to a different dimension from the minute you check in here. Depending on your personality and what you want from a holiday, you will either find this a perfect place to tune in and drop out OR you will think the place is actually sluggish, not serene and its placidity, painfully slow! Luckily for us we belonged to the former kind. We did not mind taking the stairs to our 2nd floor rooms everytime- after all the staircase and the room with their wood panelling and details were beautiful. We were not in a rush for the food to arrive, but chose to enjoy wait patiently, getting lost in the tranquility of the backwaters. We were unperturbed the non-functioning or slow-functioning wifi. The A.C packed up our last day, but we were not the least bit annoyed. And my partner enjoyed "the most terrific massage, oil treatment and a facial ever".
However, what WAS a big let down for me was the quality of the food and the pricing at their only restaurant. BEach and Lake offers Ayurvedic treatment packages lasting several days, but have not thought of providing microwaves, or even coffee making facility in the rooms. The qulaity of the food was at best mediocre, but in their defense, I was informed on enquiring that their master Chef had fallen ill and food was being prepared by a Fill-in Chef. But still....
May be when the regular Chef is back, Beach and Lake will get a 5-Star rating it truly deserves...

Room Tip: ground floor rooms open on to backwater edge
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was staying here for almost a week with my partner in June 2013, almost close to beginning of rainy season.

This is a very good resort. Great location, it is very quiet & calm especially it is away from the crowded places. Only thing you can hear is the sea waves roaring. Nice view with the river on the left & sea on the right with beautiful sun and also on the extreme right there is a small area with greenery.

The entire service in the resort was very good, right from the room cleaning ladies, reception guys, food serving waiters, the ayurvedic massage department, drivers, the swimming pool guy... they always had smile on their face.

The room & everything in the room was good except 2 problems
- We found Lizards & cockroaches in our balcony & eventually managed to enter our room.
- The hot water: It was available for first 2 & last 2 days, otherwise it was just normal water.

The swimming pool area is just near the massage center & its maintained with clean water. There is no place for sun tan on the beach but there is one just around the swimming pool.

Food is alright by taste but expensive compared to other restaurants out there but on other hand, there is no option, the next closest restaurant I found, is 5 kilometers away. So I usually had our free breakfast in the hotel & by afternoon we move out to Hawa beach which is about 6 kilometers, go to German Bakery which I think is the best restaurant on that beach & spend our evening. BTW, the resort charges extra for getting the food in the room which is the first case in my life, making it more expensive. Also the restaurant closes around 9 pm, I guess. I liked the boat ride to go to restaurant & come back. No alcohol or beer available/served in this resort.

Regarding massage, I can't comment on it because I never had any. I was already feeling great with the surrounding, location & views out there.

Around the resort, there is really nothing. The moment you start walking towards the main road, you will find residential plots & then a narrow highway, from there you have to catch an auto-rickshaw & tell them where to go along with the price. They initially charged me 300-350 INR to go to Hawa beach (one way) but in next 2 days, I managed to negotiate with them for 150-200 INR.

In short the resort is very good & I'd definitely love to go there once again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dinesh N
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Was looking for a getaway with friends. Beach & Lake Resort gave us just right. Situated on the Nature's lap...this surreal niche was a refreshing haven where space in the form of comfortable rooms, excellent service, simplicity combined with hospitability, nature's touch in the form of ayurvedic therapy, breathtaking view, sound of waves hitting the silent space.....really it's a place where a bit of reflection would help u meet urself....Try...it's worth it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank 22Donna
Reviewed 26 August 2013

Been to this resort with frens...the place is beautiful and the view from the room was amazing. Its like heaven on earth. and to top it all is the efficient service provided to guests. They also provide lovely ayurvedic massages. Want a relaxing, rejuvenating holiday close to nature? this is the place to be !

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rinzee
Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is my second time staying at beach and lake resort. This time I arranged for a package which included: transportation to and from the airport; lodging in a deluxe and super deluxe room; 10 days of Ayurvedic massage treatments; food and a dusk backwater tour. The price was reasonable, given the quality of service!!!

Beach and Lake Resort is a great place to stay. Every staff member went above and beyond duty to care for my every need. The reception staff is gracious and kind. The drivers make sure you get where you are going and they provide white-glove treatment. The women who clean the rooms take care of every detail with a smile and the manager on duty is attentive, responsive and will give you background information on the community and culture.

I must say the Ayurvedic treatments were not only relaxing and luxurious, but I actually saw a physical difference in my body. The doctor on duty is compassionate, engaging and an expert in delivery of service.

Beach and Lake Resort is well worth the trip. I will be back again!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank DrNewEngland
Also consider these accommodations in or near Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
The Travancore Heritage Beach Resort
The Travancore Heritage Beach Re...
#11 of 104 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum
Vivanta by Taj - Trivandrum
#6 of 104 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Uday Suites
Uday Suites
#3 of 104 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Hycinth By Sparsa
Hycinth By Sparsa
#1 of 104 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum
Hilton Garden Inn Trivandrum
#2 of 104 in Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum)
Taj Green Cove Resort & Spa Kovalam

Been to Beach and Lake Ayurvedic Resort? Share your experiences!