First of all , immense thanks to all the reviewers of this home-stay as we chose it after reading the previous reviews.
This home stay, run by Katrina and Esther is actually a home away from home. We stayed there for 4 days and it was an unforgettable experience. Both the ladies are gems and are doing a wonderful job of running this place in INDIA.
Katrina came herself to receive us as we were unable to locate it. She did everything to make our vacation splendid.
Some key points:
1. This place is slightly off the main cliff and hence very peaceful. The walk to the cliff is hardly 10 mins and nice one. Woodpeckers , sparrows , parrots can be spotted sitting in balcony/veranda.
2. The place is superb. They have maintained the traditional Kerala style with bright color rooms, coconut trees in garden, bamboo chairs in patio. All the rooms are very very clean, comfortable and spacious bathrooms. They provide us with hot water whenever we asked for.
All the rooms are equipped with mosquito nets.
3. Katrina has amazing coordination and organisation skills. Right from the booking of rooms to taxi booking, in-house massage treatment, local sight seeing, information of the restaurants, train reservations ; she handles all by herself and without a glitch. Anything that we needed was arranged by her.
4. Esther - a great cook, lovely and is so full of energy. We tried her pastas, omelette , falafel , lemon rice and Indian cuisine too. Everything was prepared fresh and she made it so delicious that we could not resist but asking for more. Its incredible to see how she can prepare anything so authentically.
5. In house doctor consultation is available and the massages are very relaxing and refreshing.
Both ladies are great to have a conversation with. Our late evenings were spent chatting with Katrina and Esther. They have so much information and knowledge to share.
I just admire the endless energy they have ensuring a comfortable stay of their guests.
This is one of the best home-stay to stay and is very much recommended to spend the vacations staying here.
Thanks a ton Katrina and Esther !!
See you very soon :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Eva Luna is the name of Kerala Konnections homestay, located in Varkala, a short distance from the beach and cliff. The house has two floors and is located on a 3000 square metre plot. It has two double rooms on each floor, each decorated in a different style that reflects the nature of the surrounding area. All rooms have ceiling fans, marble floors, attached bathroom, tinted windows to keep the rooms cool, fitted shelves and draws and come with mosquito nets and towels. Our restaurant is set in a beautiful garden and serves up delicious evening meals and breakfasts. We also have an on site Ayurveda massage room, offer laundry service by machine wash, free book exchange, travel information and offer free Wifi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Casa Eva Luna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Eva Luna Varkala, Kerala