Blue Water is located on the south cliff, its a quieter and more secluded part of Varkala. The resort has a little beach right next door. The north cliff is a twenty minute walk along the Arabian Sea - that's where all the action is - shops, restaurants and the crowds that go along with it. In hindsight, choosing to stay at the south end was a masterstroke, you get the best of both worlds - a quiet morning to soak in sun after a dip in the sea or a loud n rocking evening is just a short stroll away. The cottages here are cosy and earthy and close to the water - every night you are lulled to sleep by the sounds of sea. The resort is managed by Sreekumar and he has a small but an amazing team. They are thoughtful, ever present, and endearing and went out of their way to make sure our holiday was perfection personified. Never once heard them say 'no'. Shout out to Naveen and Francis as well. Sreekumar also doubles up as the chef and he certainly knows his way around a kitchen. If you are there make sure you eat the Kerala beef and parotas or stuffed squid....the stuff dreams are made of. Its spicy and rich...not for the faint hearted, be prepared for a food coma after those meals :)
Am sure, if you looked, you'd find a more affordable place, or a more luxurious one too….but with Sreekumar and team at Blue Water, it’s like coming home. And I can't wait to go back again, and again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A private seaside resort adjacent to Varkala Beach. Each independent wooden cottage is made in the traditional Kerala style and has unobstructed views of the Arabian Sea, with private verandah, comfortable furnishings and en-suite facilities. Our multi-cuisine restaurant, raised on coconut stilts, affords glorious views of the Kerala coastline. Private and spacious gardens provide a secluded environment for a relaxing holiday. Amenities include Ayurvedic treatment, yoga, internet access, travel desk and money exchange. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Evoline ltd so you can book your Blue Water Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bluewater Beach Hotel Varkala
- Blue Water Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala