and 1 more site!
Panchavadi Ayurvedic Beach Resort
Ranked #42 of 102 Varkala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Panchavadi resort is an excellent place for enjoyment.The resort have different category rooms with wi-fi connection, bathtub,hotwater , TV and protected with mosquito nets.One main thing i noticed was the security devices they provided in the resort.They have an excellent ayurveda centre with free ayurveda consultation, a yoga master , a team of ayurveda therapists, beautician, male and female ayurveda doctors, ayurveda restaurant, ajuice corner, 24 hours internet, phone calling facility.The papanasam beach is 30 metres from panchavadi.The manager arranged us a 2 days tour around varkala.It was lovely.I thank all the staffs and management for providing us a wonderful stay.I will definitely come back with my other friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 April 2011

We stayed at Silent Valley & received our panchakama treatments at PANCHAGNI. The friendly, helpful staff, have a ready smile & concern for our welfare. We felt they all were genuinely concerned for our health & responsive to our needs.We had 3 weeks treatments, including massages and specialist infusions,medicines and Ayurvedic food prepared especially for us.There is a relaxed and calming atmosphere at Panchagni, with large rooms and peaceful surroundings in a rural setting by the sea.Silent valley is a 5 minute walk from Panchagni, and the walk there & back enables you to view Keralan village life with the temple elephant walking alongside.For beach lovers the sister centre Panchavardi is 2 minutes from the beach with the same staff & management

Room Tip: Silent Valley & PANCHAVARDI are now combined
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank carollaspain
Reviewed 16 April 2011

Varkala is a great place for travellers.I visited panchagni ayurveda centre in panchavadi resort and spend some days with my friend for ayurvedic treatments.Thomas, noushad and other staffs at panchagni do a good job making you feel comfortable in this lovely place.The rooms are very good and the ayurvedic food is very tasty.Dr Ajikumar and Dr Rajesh are dedicated to their proffession.Varkala beach is just 25 metres from this lovely place.The detoxication treatments was excellent.I am looking for my next visit.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mitamassflower
Reviewed 27 May 2010

In February I spent 3 weeks at Silentvalley and had treatments in Panchagni Ayurveda Centre. It was a wonderful time, i got cured my pains in lumbal spine and lost 3 kgs of weight. Silentvalley is a little guesthouse, located on the Soutch Cliff of Varkala in a wonderful green envorons. Rooms are not luxurious, but with bathroom and all is well cared and clean. And the domestics are very helpfull and kind. The loggia and rooftop are wonderful to spend hours and relax. Food is fresh south indian homemade and was real great. The treatements in Ayurveda Centre Panchagni made me painless and am very thankful. If you love nature, you find a lot arround, and a wonderful beach, down to the cliff. Peace and calm and the kind and friendly care of the people in Silent Valley and in Panchagni make you stay at home and help you to get back your health as well. The Doctors and their team in Panchagni give you excellent cure and care.Trips and sightseeing (Backwaters) can even be arranged. I can absolutely recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SILU64
Reviewed 27 April 2010

I did it again this year and i had a long stay - 28 days- at Silent Valley. It's really a little gem! Not luxurios, no TV in Room, no fridge- but a lot of love and caring of the people arround you, you stay at home! Unfortunately i was even sick as well, at my arrive - with a real bad flue- but I was such well cared and cured by the doctors and the house-staff, thank you guys. you did a great job! In Silent Valley you can relax, you can cure yourself, you can free your mind. The rooms are simple but clean, and the staff is such friendly, such cordial, you can t find better, if you are openhearted. Price and service fit as well and you still have even the possibility to cure yourself with ayurvedic cures by a very qualified team of the doctor brothers and their staff in Panchagni.Again, this were my best days in India in the last 4 years.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank honbon
Reviewed 24 January 2010

We stayed for a couple of nights in January after we moved out of Aline Golden Beach Resort, South Cliff, which was too expensive. We found Silent Valley just by walking around and we are glad we did. It is very peaceful compared to North Cliff and there's a good view through the palm trees to the ocean. It's near steps down the cliff to a fantastic beach with good surf and none of the commerce of North Cliff beach. We were there at peak season in a room for 900rs a night. In some ways I don't want to give away the secret of this lovely homestay, but the family deserves success- they are really nice people.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Rarisang
Reviewed 4 November 2009

I was in silent valley for ayurvedic treatments.The accomodation was fine.I stayed in a seaview room.The view from the room was great.The staffs are attendive, very friendly and wonderful.It was the low season, so i got a room for good price.I had a vegetarian diet during the 2 weeks ayurvedic treatments for my backpain and kneepain.The doctors gave me a chart to identify my body nature and prescribed a vatha diet. I felt very relaxed after each treatments in panchagni ayurveda center.Now i am free from back pain and kneepain. After the treatment cources, i visited kollam and took a drive in visit kerala house boats.It was a wonderful journey through ashtamudi lake.Then i purchased cloths for my family from joy alukkas in kollam. Everything was fine in kerala except the taxi from helipad. Dont call any taxi from helipad, the taxi drivers will cheat you.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple