“this is the place !”

Oceano Cliff
Lecce, Italy
“this is the place !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

if you go to varkala you need to spend some days here. beautiful place with beautiful garden.
by private stairway you can reach the most beautiful varkala beach called oceano's beach.
not so far from the main beach but really precious! .staff are really pofessional and if you need something, everything, you can ask boss Vijukumar. maybe he can find for you a navy if you need it...!!! best place in varkala.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Hereford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

There are two primary things going for this hotel - its proximity to the beach (the quiet south beach) and the quality of the food - which was some of the best we had on our tours. Otherwise this is an average place, with average to poor service and located in a very poor area (step outside the gates and you a faced with the harsh reality of how many Indian families live) this was at time difficult to take in. BEWARE: due to regular power surges in the hotel guests regularly find that their power cables to their various appliances (lap tops, mobiles, iPads etc) blow. This leaves you stranded - we found an Apple store in Mysore but for others it ruined their holidays. The hotel staff showed little sign of being concerned and simply blamed it on "India"! I suggested notices were displayed warning guests not sure if this ever happened.

Room Tip: We stayed in Oceano Eco which has the large pool.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank GoAndrew
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

What do you need more than a beautiful room with ocean view, tranquil ambiance and gorgeous sunset?. We were very lucky to have found this gem in Varkala!. The staff are very open and helpful, good food and again, spectacular view of the ocean! The resort has direct access to a beautiful private beach where you can swim the Arabian sea or simply work on your tan. We were very happy to stay there and definitely recommend it as one of the best resort in Varkala.

Room Tip: choose the newly built Oceano Eco accommodation.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

Friendly, open management team and front desk, they know what tourists appreciate and are willing to make you're stay as comfortable as possible.
The place is well maintained, renovated and fresh. Rooms are clean, they have a good view and the garden makes you're stay relaxed.
The food was really good! We were told that the chef cooked for the president! Everything fresh prepared. That makes you have to be patient, it will cost some time before you get you're food.
Sometimes waiters go for the easiest way, a bit lazy. But also friendly and willing to explain about the menu.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

So refreshing to find a tranquil and natural Hotel. No Plasma T.V's or frills. Just the sound of the ocean, birds and a pretty tropical garden. My suite was spotless. Clean sheets and towels everyday and the floor mopped too. The staff were so polite and helpful. The chef even cooked a special 3 course meal for myself and two visiting guests. We choose the menu. Freenwi-fi wasbavailable in reception and the restauranrt area. I had three treatments whilst there. On my one month travel in the south of India, the therapist I had was the best I experienced. She performed miracles in three days and was very kind. Her experience showed. I would love to return here in the future when I have saved enough for a full 2 week's treatment. I liked it so much I extended my visit by one day. Iona Evans Holywell UK

• Stayed August 2013
Krakow, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Ocean viev, perfect location,silent,garden,big rooms, bathroom with amazing viev for ocean and palms,balcony.Very nice athmosfere, friendly staff, good food.
The best place in Varkala. Far from noice. Perfect for rest. No alkohol in the hotel.
Mostly for Ayuverdic people:)
Not far from North Cliff: full of restaurants, shops and night life ( by rickshaw)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

My experience at the hotel was wonderful. The truth is that I had no expectations, I just wanted to rest, wanted me to take care and forget about my life for a month.
I found a beautiful place! With a beautiful garden with sea views every morning when I got up I was leaning my life and energy. All hotel staff without exception were friendly and helpful, I felt very cared for and protected.
My room was comfortable and had a nice terrace where I sat down to rest, read or listen to music ... I felt better than at home. During the day was walking through the garden and down to the beach, I really liked the accessibility and the stairs to the sea. The views were beautiful from anywhere in the hotel. The atmosphere was quiet and relaxing.
Oceano is a charming place, everything is very careful, not an ostentatious way, but with basic needs and in response to the beauty and comfort.
In relation to meals menu, I loved it! I liked to try the typical Indian meals and menus especially typical of Kerala. During 20 days followed an Ayurvedic treatment and food was very well prepared, the doctor was coordinated perfectly with the kitchen so every day I would eat what helped me improve my stomach problems ..
The medical team treated me with love, I took care and carried a very comprehensive monitoring and follow me. My therapist, Adhira, was a sweetheart, I was gently and daily massages and energy filled me helped me relax.
I have only nice words, care for intimate moments that I lived in this beautiful hotel in Varkala. I recommend it to anyone who wants to unwind, you want cleaned inside and out to be connected with himself!. And also for those who want to enjoy a beautiful setting and care. Undoubtedly a beautiful experience that I will repeat.

Room Tip: I liked the small room on the ground.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo