I was recommended to stay at Shiva Garden by a friend and I was not disappointed. I had a lovely airy room, a cute balcony and thoughtful finishing touches such as candles, incense and seashells in the bathroom. It was clean, well presented and suited my needs perfectly. There is a swimming pool at the hotel next door that you can pay a small fee to use.
It is 5min walk to the cliff and beaches, and a torch is advisable in the evenings as the way is not always well lit.
I enjoyed enormous bowls of fresh fruit salad in the peaceful garden and took yoga lessons with Sonya every day. I was the most relaxed I've felt on my travels so far. I changed my travel plans in order to stay longer at Shiva Garden because 3 days just wasn't enough. This place has a wonderful feel about it and I look forward to coming back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SHIVA GARDEN is one among the most reputed home stays in Varkala. Perched near a majestic red cliff overlooking the Arabian Sea, this charming home stay offers many warm hospitable services as well as a fantastic garden view. Here we have a magnificent garden growing many famous Ayurvedic plants and trees, surrounding the resort. Guests are only minutes away from the famous 2000 years old Janardhana Swamy Temple, Kappil beach and Angengo Fort built by the British East India company in the 17th century. Shiva Garden is the perfect base for leisure and you may never forget this in your life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Shiva Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shiva Garden Hotel Varkala
- Shiva Garden Varkala, Kerala