“Delicious end of January in Arabian Soul” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arabian Soul

Arabian Soul
Ranked #3 of 96 Varkala B&B and Inns
Omsk, Russia
“Delicious end of January in Arabian Soul”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

Sweet, calm and cozy hotel located on the edge of the north cliff. There are very quiet atmosphere, pleasant staff and really caring manager Brygida. After almost 2 weeks of traveling through India, me and my friend finally found a piece of soulful hospitality there. Clean bed sheets, towels, floors and walls and you can take a shower barefoot (who stayed in cheap places in India understands me :)). Hotel provides you a very affordable price, open roof top with sea view. No insects inside. Beautiful garden circles the hotel. I recommend this place for those who want to feel relaxed, stay in a friendly atmosphere and think about nothing but the relaxation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

Don't waste your time on looking for a room and go straight there! located on the begining of the north cliff, sea view (i had also sea view from my room). there is a big balcony you share with other 3 rooms, but its great time to know your neighbors if you want.
All the hotel is very clean, so are the rooms. You get clean sheets and towel. Wifi for free, very good signal (not in the rooms).
The place run by Birgita and Navin that are super friendly guys, who can also answer you a lot of questions about varkala.
***reasonable prices***
***sea view***
***very clean!!!***

Room Tip: The two front rooms are the best. Try to get them!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
hamburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

such a beautiful place. spent my third time in this tranquil home. the rooms are beautiful decorated. fleatmarket-style with an awesome colour concept. the breakfast in the garden is the perfect start in the day. thanks b&n.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Montfoort, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

Charming, eco-friendly small scale guesthouse. I loved the atmosphere, the traditional Indian house and the very hospital owners. The rooms and the attention to details are amazing. Beautiful kept garden, it's al lovely oasis in India. I would love to go back there and be sure I do recommand this lovely place !

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Faversham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

We booked after reading all the great trip advisor reviews. We were given a very warm welcome by Nahveen.
Unfortunately the room did not match the photos we had seen. We had a garden view room for 1400rupees though tax is extra.
For the price we expected more. The room needs updating, paint missing on the walls, some staining on the sheet (though it smelt clean), holes in the mosquito net and the fan was not effective, bed was hard.
Had we not prebooked we would have checked straight out.
The next day we moved to Mothers palace just down the road. We paid 1500 for a spotless air con room with private balcony overlooking the sea and hot water. Nahveen was very nice about us moving.
I think for the prices Arabian soul charge the rooms should be much better. If I were to rate on the owners I would have given an excellent.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Berlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

I love to stay at Arabian Soul as it is an traditional Indian house with a beautiful atmosphere, nice garden and terrace to chill out and very close to the cliff/beach and everything you need. Brygida and Naveen offer a wonderful service and take care of you which is especially nice when you're travelling on your own. The rooms are nicely decorated and clean and I love the breakfast in the nice garden. The have created a wonderful place in Varkala, one of my favourite places in India.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

I arrived to Varkala not knowing for how long I was going to stay but I never imagined I would extended my stay for a month! I had a GREAT time, those kind of experiences that are unforgetable and remind you how great it is to be alive...
I went to Arabian Soul because a friend I met in north India recommended the place. And I am very happy and grateful she did because I had a WONDERFUL stay there. I felt like home. Brigitte and Naveen are both beautiful and extremely helpful and chilled people. They made sure my room was clean all the time (which is not a very common thing in India) and were always there for everything I needed. From taking my clothes to the laundry, giving me any kind of advice about the place or just to have a nice chat...
The house has a beautiful energy, which for me is the most important thing of all.
I will definitely go back to Arabian Soul if I have the chance to o to Varkala again, I wouldnt think it twice...

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones that have ocean view, because you get more fresh air. But all the rooms...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo