“Amazing service”

Clafouti Beach Resort
Ranked #24 of 52 Hotels in Varkala
Reviewed 29 November 2012

The Location & The Services Staff can be identified as two of the strongest point of this Resort.
One of the best Resort I have ever experienced.The Customer Service by all members of the team exceeded our expectations. The wonderful service was exceptional, sincere and always with a smile ! The rooms were beautiful.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank robert31renol
There are newer reviews for Clafouti Beach Resort

Reviewed 27 November 2012

Stayed for 8 days and we were looked after amazingly well. Huts toward the cliff probably the winners. They all come with a good sized veranda, clean bathroom and large bed. Cleaned on demand!

Staff helpful. And my wife highly recimmends Lakshmi beauty studio which is part of the set up.

Perfect, thanks guys!

• Stayed: November 2012
5  Thank Mark7millionand2
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Staff are very friendly, they will go out of their way to help you. Great restuarant with amazing seafood. Our hut was a perfect place to chill out and it was very well priced. Can't fault the place!!

• Stayed: November 2012
6  Thank Sallyracket
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I liked everything. The room was comfortable.The best thing was the staff. Restaurant serves wonderful food. Hotel Breakfast is nice.The location of the hotel fantastic. It was a great hotel for a very good price.I loved this hotel. Everything was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank 657petya
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I loved the room, they were clean and i had a balcony with views of the ocean.
the place is wonderful.the room was clean and the housekeeping was very professional.
manager, who was extremely friendly and helpful. he showed us our rooms and immediately called housekeeping when we weren't satisfied with the cleanliness

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank nalingodi
Reviewed 26 August 2012

First appearences show beautiful traditional Keralan huts right on the seafront. In reality, the rooms are badly lit and extremely damp. The bathrooms are a nightmare and they were building a restaurant when we were there so construction all around us for 3 days. The manager was unhelpful and rude and there was no internet or eating facility as promised. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone, there are FAR better places on the cliff

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tellitlikeitis31
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We were looking to stay in Akhil Beach Resort but when we arrived there was major rebuilding work going on there, so the manager recommended that we stay in Clafouti which is close by and we took a look here and agreed to stay. Before checking in I asked the manager of Clafouti if there was any construction going on as I spotted lots of sand and gravel in the car park at the front. The manager said no there wasn’t any works going on.

The next morning we were awoken by hammering and drilling and when I looked outside I could see work was going on a building site for a huge new building at the cliff end of this resort, I think this is going to be a new restaurant. A lot of workers spend the day carrying sand and gravel past our door for the day and the path and grass was littered with sharp stones and gravel, I had to brush the stones away from the front of our cottage myself. I thought it was very dishonest of the manager to lie to us about the building work.

The place looks very nice at a glance but beware as its not very private and its wide open with no gates or fence at the cliff end so lots of people just wander in and out all day looking around, so if you want peace and solitude this is not the place to stay. The inside of the cottage was fairly damp, as it was monsoon when we were there when it rained the air inside became very moist everything inside became damp, the cottages are not very well insulated which is worth bearing in mind.

It seemed like the manager was only interested in making a quick buck out of us, when I asked about hiring a taxi to take us on a day trip to Ponmudi he said he would arrange it but gave us a price which was 500 rupees more than what I actually got it for from the helipad taxi rank.

The place itself is in a good location right on the north cliff and theres plenty of good places to eat right on its doorstep such as Hungry Eye (great for breakfast!) and the Rock n Roll Café just around the corner is a great place to hang out at night. As I said before good location but dishonest management.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple