Booked this hotel from trip advisor recommendations. Stayed 10 nights March-April
Very attentive staff literally the moment you came out of your door there was someone asking if they could help.
Food exceptional and we ate there most evenings. Portions enormous - fish in banana leaf easily could be for two people.
Lovely to have beach to yourself once the fisherman had finished hauling in their catch.
100 rupees basically a £1 to town or main beach in auto rickshaw.
Had lovely trip to backwater for the day but would recommend overnight stay , for day trip it was £ 100 but included driver for day boat to yourself captain and chef.
Had car up to hill station but need to take picnic as not many facilities up there and go with decent footwear as you can hike around. Not really developed that area as much as Munnar I believe.
We had 5 consecutive days of ayurveda massage at the hotels own facility just a few minutes walk away. Really an experience and you have to leave your modesty at the door but excellent massage.
There are no TVs or pool so don't book here if that's important to you.
If you go earlier in the season the tide is further out so more beach.
But highly recommended if you want beautiful sunsets, , fabulous food, big clean comfortable rooms and 5*service from Babu and his excellent staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palm Tree resort the tranquil stay on Odayam Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd, Booking.com and Cancelon so you can book your Palm Tree Heritage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Tree Heritage Hotel Varkala
- Palm Tree Heritage Varkala, Kerala