“Good Food, good taste and good people”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Varkala
Akshay Beach Resort
Ranked #25 of 52 Hotels in Varkala
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We had traditional Kerala and North Indian food. Good taste, clean and value for money.
People managing the restaurant were good to talk and friendly. Enjoyed the food all the times.
Recommend highly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Realy beautiful place to stay.....
I know how it must sound, but truly guys, go and check for yourself.
1. This is the most well kept and clean place we have been in. It's impeccable.
2. You have everything in one place...little restaurant with basic menu but sustainable when in need for a quick meal; laundry service; rent a bike, ayurvedic hospital with a wonderful and knowledgeable lady doctor (great massage for 1000 rs, 1hr); yoga classes everyday 7.30 in the morning (sivananda), wifi
3. Location is great, not on the cliff itself but 2 min walk to the beach
4. The most wonderful host you can imagine. Shibu is totally cool and relaxed guy with whom you can talk about anything and he will also do anything in his power to help you, even when you are not staying in his
place. It's been a pleasure knowing him, for both of us.
5.And the last but equally important - Suzy, Shibu's beautiful dog, same relaxed energy, always half sleep and ready for grooming :-)
Shibu has rooms in the main building and one other, much
smaller object behind. It consists of 4 rooms each on the ground floor having direct exit outside. We stayed in one of those and
it felt so like home with little stairs in front were we used to sit at night. One of the rooms also has a little terrace.

What can I say except thank you Shibu for a great energy that you share and for making everybody feel so welcome at your place :-)....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I stayed here for 2 weeks and attended the yoga classes in the building also.This place is well run, very clean (even on non-indian standards) and nicely located close to the holy beach of varkala (not on the "backpacker hell" -side that means). In the same building is also a good ayurvedic doctor and a small restaurant, which was very useful while I was sick for couple of days. The doctor visited me many times in the room and rest of the staff also took care of me by bringing me food and making sure I had everything I needed. What can I say, great place, wonderful people.. I was lucky to find this. Thank you Shibu for everything, hope to see you again one day..

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Stumbled upon this place after a 3 hour search around North cliff and black beach for a good place to stay at reasonable prices. It was 1 of the last places I enquired in and I'm glad I did.
My girlfriend and I stayed here for 9 nights instead of 2 or 3.

She had fractured her ankles before we had arrived so it was a perfect spot where it was only a short piggyback down to the beach. The on-site doctor is very skilled and she offered great advice and help with my girlfriends ankles.

Shibu (the manager) is an extremely friendly and helpful guy. You couldn't ask for a better owner. He is there 24 hours a day incase you need anything.

The open plan kitchen cooks good food at reasonable prices.

The rooms and building are kept exceptionally clean and are refreshingly cool in the evenings.

I would certainly recommend this hostel as great value for money and hope to see Shibu again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 November 2013

During my stay in india this was by far the best hotel I stayed in. It's location was perfect as a short stroll away from the famous sacred beach. The hotel it self was flawless. It had various facilities which I can't fault. During my stay yoga classes were going on, on the roof top which was fabulous. After a long day by the beach a nice yoga class was perfect to participate in and unwind. They also had an incredible open kitchen restaurant. All; fabulous prices, amazing stay, beautiful area and cleansiness was a perfect place to sit down, have a smoothie and relax. Also in the hotel they had a doctor who had 20 years experience in the field. She spoke fluent English which was rare to find so another great asset to the hotel. The room I stayed in was a basic room with everything I needed. I extended my stay after arriving in this hotel as it had everything to offer and was perfect. The best way I found to book this hotel was directly through the manager by just giving him a call. He is very happy to help and can guide you directly to the hotel. The tuk tuks take commission to take you there so it becomes expensive. So for cheap and amazing service call up and book a room. Defintley would come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank marttyboy
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I went travelling around south india for a few months and found a lot off the hotels were either over priced or dirty. This hotel was the first place I stayed which was clean, cheap and amazing service. The manager was the most helpful we ever met. Was always there when you needed him and was always happy to help with all inquiries. The room was clean and simple. Mosquito nets had been fitted through out so didn't have as much worry. Definetely would stay here again and reccomend for anyone wanting to be by the beach and don't want to spend loads off money. This hotel is perfect for everyone!!

Room Tip: back rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Best hotel we have stayed in since arriving in india 3 months ago! The staff were extremely helpful and nothing was too much to ask! We arrived in the off season so the restuarant was closed. However they opened it up especially for us. The food was the best food we had eaten in india. The chef was amazing and asked us what we wanted to eat and would make it for us even if it wasnt on the menu. It is very very cheap! A curry is about 45 rps!! We had a incredible and huge thali for only 50 rps!

Our room was beautiful and very clean. It had a lovely balcony which was nice to sit out on in the mornings in the sun. We planned to stay 3 nights but extended it to 5 as it was so lovely.

Its location is about 5 to 10 min walk from the main strip of bars and restuarants but saves you about 1000 rps by staying here. Location was perfect for us as its quiet and nice walk up every day. Close to the beach and 10 min walk from the main black beach.

I would highly recommend this olace especially for budget travellers! We have stayed in awful places for 600 rps but this room was one of the nicest rooms we have stayed in so far for only 350 rps!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple