“Wonderful Yogashala!”

UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Wonderful Yogashala!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I am currently in Varkala and loving the yoga instruction with Vasu Dev. The Bohemian Masala is a beautiful venue tucked away on the clifftop in Varkala and the yoga shala is just beautiful. The roof is draped with beautiful multicoloured saris adding a real aesthetic delight to the yoga space!

Vasu is a highly experienced, humble and patient instructor. I cannot recommend his classes enough!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank powello75

Weyarn, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“yoga varkala northcliff”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Vasudev is teaching shivananda yoga, but with little changes of routine everyday.
I still enjoy the very inspiring and empathic lessons back home via the amazing DVD recorded on the cliff!

1 Thank Claudia B
Amsterdam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Loved it”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Vasu sings his way through the class. I'd never heard a yoga class sung before. It was so relaxing and charming. Our group of 5 have adopted certain of his little ditty's and can be heard singing them as we walk the corridors of our office - arch your ba-a-a-a ck, keep stretch continue and go do-o-o-o-wn... brilliant.
I learnt how to do a headstand, which was super strange in the beginning and challenged my sufficiently as I believe you should do something everyday that scares you. I learnt to love the shoulder stand - another first for me. Basically I should spend more of my life upside down, it's good for my soul.
The yogashala is wonderful, so great to be looking at palm trees whilst you practice.
I like the way Vasu changes the routine everso slightly each day to keep you on your toes.
I was so flexible at the end of that 10 days, and calm, and refreshed...

2 Thank Luc99
Varanasi, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“first time yoga”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We, me and my wife, had never done yoga before. We signed up for the '7day beginner course' with
Vasudev at Bohemian Masala. I have to say it was an excellent life changing experience. We subsequently went to 6 more lessons between us and will carry on, on our return to Europe. Don't think twice use this school for all levels of Yoga.

2 Thank Dradsparks
Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, Netherlands
“Yoga with Vasu in the Bohemian Masala good start of the day!”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Spend 10days in Bohemian Masala and found it worthwhile to get up every day at 8:00 to attend Vasu's Yoga class. 2 hours with a nice mix of yoga. Felt a lot better at the end of the 10 days and with our group of 5 people with different levels of yoga all felt challenged and enjoyed the yoga. For the starter in the group there was at 10am a special class for starters with more explanation/help. Many attendees came from outside the Bohemian Masala as apparently it is (one of) the best in Varkala.