“Perfect yoga experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yoga with Haridas

Yoga with Haridas
Ranked #3 of 17 Spas & Wellness in Varkala
More attraction details
Owner description: I teach Hatha Yoga (Ancient) @ Hotel Green Palace, Varkala. Two classes a day. Morning 8am and evening 4.30pm...have more than 10 years of teaching experience...was a voluntary teacher with famous Sivananda Yoga Ashram for 3 years...well versed in Yogic scriptures and has a reputation among independent travelers in Varkala ...travels around the World to spread the message of Yoga, Peace and Love.....
Florence, Alabama, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Perfect yoga experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

I visited Varkala in January 2012. There are so many choices for yoga in Varkala, but after visiting one class with another instructor, I immediately started asking around for a good teacher. That is how I came across Hari. Instead of finding a good teacher, I found an excellent teacher!! I felt so comfortable with my first class with Hari. I practice yoga at home, but I progressed more with Hari in my 3 weeks, than I have all year. He has a gentle way of adjusting you and helping you sink deeper into yoga positions. I extended my trip in Varkala so I could practice longer with Hari. It is so nice to walk along the bluff to class in the morning and then finish up with a nice breakfast at one of the many restaurants. I found myself at Cafe del Mar most mornings :) Great experience!!! Now that I am home, I thoroughly miss his class!!!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Ashley B

• Hebrew first
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant Yoga Teacher”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have been going back to Varkala now for the past two years in order to be able to practice in Haridas's classes but mainly for me is to learn from him and be able to pass on his wealth of knowledge and experience in teaching onto my own students back in England. I feel privileged and honoured to have meant Haridas and am grateful to be able to practice and keep learning from him. So whether you are a teacher or student you wont be disappointed. Androula, Yoga Teacher England.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank androula d
Varkala
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best yoga ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I have praticed different kinds of yoga before but this is the best one! I have some problems with my muscles and body and Haridas corrects med and advises me how to do it best way for my body. After 6 lessons the yoga has helped me a lot and now I will continue as long as I stay in Varkala.
The yoga affects my mind in a good way too and I really like the way Haridas teach, he is very good at correcting and tell us to breath and relax between the exercises.
I stronly recommend Yoga with Haridas!

Visited March 2012
1 Thank MayaVarkala
calgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Basically 1 on 1 coaching”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I spent 2 weeks at Sivananda ashram before heading to Varkala beach. When I saw that there was a Sivananda class close to my hotel, I jumped at the chance to continue my practice in between lounging at the beach all day.
The class sizes are small, there was never more than 4 of us in the morning (8am) or afternoon (430pm) classes.
Haridas has patience for his students' limitations and saw our potential, pushing us (nicely) into poses that we may have been afraid to go into. He's very hands on and will help you get into nearly every pose to see that you CAN do it!

Visited February 2012
3 Thank HealthfulPursuit
Otago
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Loved the beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

So nice to have a dip in the tepid Arabian Sea - loved the diversity of cultures on the beach - yoga, meditation, fishing, beach volley ball and only a short distance to the cafes and shops up on the cliff

Visited February 2012