“Learn to cook the best Indian food you will ever eat”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Khan's Cooking Class
Reviewed 18 April 2013

If you head to southern India and would like to learn how to make some of your favourite dishes, look no further than Khans Cooking Class in Varkala.
Not only will you get the chance to learn some of the Indian cooking secrets, you will also get to meet one of the nicest, friendliest and humble guys. I now call Khan one of my friends. If you are trying to find Khan he has a website http://sajeerkhan.wix.com/khanscookingvarkala

1  Thank Giovanni3576

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Khan is an artist when it comes to cooking! And an excellent teacher too!

The best thing is that he teaches you anything you want to learn, keralan dishes are his bests Without a doubt.
You get to actually cook with him (you won't just sit scribbling notes), learn from his personal touch which he puts in every dish (not "just another keralan meal") along with which tools to use (types of pan, knives, intensity of the fire etc) and how.

At the end of it all you get to eat what you just prepared. Delicious! We learnt a lot and made a very good friend. Thank Khan!

Reviewed 7 March 2013

My friend and I took Khan's cooking class and after that wanted to eat his food every day! It was the best meal in Kerala and now we know how to make everything! We learned how to make fresh coconut milk and the best parota ever. Ever. Can't wait to go home and repeat the meal for family and friends! Thanks Khan!

Reviewed 12 January 2013

The lovely laid back Mr Khan taught me some great Kerala dishes which I will definitely have a go at. The class is not expensive and takes at least a couple of hours. After you've done the class - you get to eat the food! Kerala cookery uses a lot of fresh coconut, I wonder if these dishes will taste the same with a british supermarket coconut that has been sitting on a shelf for weeks and weeks. Oh Kerala - how I'm going to miss you when I go back to the cold and grey.

See more reviews
Reviewed 11 January 2013

We came across khans cooking class through his friend. We were drinking in the moon dance bar and asked about a cooking class so he took us to meet khan.
We were pleasantly surprised to meet khan, a young man with tons of cooking experience from all over the world not just Kerala.
Khan asked us what we wanted to cook first then gave us some ideas.
Our first lesson we made onion pakoras ( our request) , chaptis, beetroot thoran and veg aviyal. All were so simple and tasted delicious!
He went through step by step all of which were very easy an straight forward.
We loved the recipes so much we booked another class the day after, and couldn't wait to learn more Kerala dishes!!
Our next class we were taught to make veg samosa, paratha, mango curry and mung bean dhal. The samosas were the best I've every had and the mango curry was a first! I can't wait to get stuck in at home and try it all again for myself!
If you want an easy laid back cooking class for beginners to experienced then try khans class! Such a laugh.
Thanks for a brilliant couple of lessons! See you at the wedding ;) x

1  Thank han43