“The perfect getaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa Akasa
Bengaluru, India
“The perfect getaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

Villa Akasa was just what I needed! I was looking for a relaxed, meditative holiday in Thailand and Indonesia and found this one just a plane ride away from me!! I spent the most delightful 4 days there. The villa has four great cottages, I was lucky to get the one with the an open bathroom. To shower underneath the stars and the setting moon is an experience to savour!

Shama is an extra ordinary host. My routine each morning was to walk to the beach at 6, mediate, bounce about in the waves before the sun came out and head back. The beach is just a 5 minute walk away, paved with coconut palms and Varkala’s beautiful cliffs. The beach on this side is quiet and away from the jostling crowds.

I was greeted each morning with home baked bread with basil (grown in the backyard), a juicy omelette and a fresh glass of carrot juice that I won't forget in a lilfetime!!
I ate most of my meals at the Villa prepared by Laksmi, who made the yummiest Kerala fish curry (the food is not overtly spicy as it toned down to suit most palettes).
There are several Ayurvedic massage places a walk away from the Villa but none of them note worthy!
If you are looking for a quiet place to unwind, read and be left to yourself this is the perfect heaven! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Nanjapa
Hi Dirga,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. Your kind words encourage me to provide even better service and tastier food to our guests.

I look forward to you visiting again very soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

Villa Akasa is tucked away in a quiet part of an otherwise bustling touristy town. It’s location is ideal – close to a beautiful almost always deserted beach and about a 15 minute walk from the main beach with it’s restaurants and shops. I loved that it was located in a small village - it was charming to see people go about their daily lives – cooking cleaning and taking kids to school etc. It is hard to see the real India in popular tourist areas but Villa Akasa gives you this opportunity whilst also making you feel cared for and safe.
The rooms are simple yet elegantly done and super comfortable. I especially loved the open bathroom that gives you views of the coconut palms in the day and the stars at night. And I loved the big, powerful showers! The food was delicious – simple and fresh (again something that is hard to find). The staff were attentive without being intrusive. The hostess, a lovely Indian lady made me feel like I was a part of the family. As a woman traveling alone, I felt secure and safe at Villa Akasa and would visit again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank RaniJeyaraj
Hi Rani,

As a woman, I understand how important it is to provide a safe environment to our guests. I am glad you felt secure and I hope to see you again very soon.

Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

The villa above the main building is light and breezy with nice fixtures. The location of the villa is away from the main area in Varkala which is both a plus and a minus as there is a really nice beach nearby without pervy Indian men, but the main dining options are about a 20-30 min walk away or a rs 50 Rickshaw ride.... Can't have it both ways I guess. A nice relaxing place to stay in Varkala!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nagano_98
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I spent 4 days in this charming and romantic hotel with my husband. Its location on South Cliff for me is perfect, since is far away from the noisy and more touristic North Cliff, and only 5 minutes walking to and amazing beach. You can also walk about 10-15 minutes to North Cliff or arrange a rickshaw from the hotel. I recommend the walk as you go through a local neighbourhood and the area is wonderful!!! The room is very nice and comfortable with a luxury bathroom, the shower has an open view, I loved it! We had every morning a delicious breakfast in our porch. We felt like home as the staff was very attentive and friendly!!! I would recommend Villa Akasa 100% sure!!!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mercedes d
Hi Mercedes,

I am so happy you chose our place to celebrate your anniversary last year. I hear you and your husband have moved to Mumbai now. You must take a break from your busy Mumbai life and come visit again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

We are living in Bombay and we were looking for a relaxing place to recharge energies. Varkala, and specially Villa Akasa, is the perfect place if you want to relax and enjoy the beutiful places around.
The service was exceptional. They arrange everything for us and the prices were much better than what other places werer offering.
The food was incredible. It is a small hotel run by a very nice Indian family and they can prepare homefood for you.
The location is much better thant the ones that are in the beach front. Here you can relax in this quiet area and when you want to go to the beach you call a rickshaw or you walk 3 minutes.
For sure we will come again!!!
Incredible experience.
Oriol Benet from Spain

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank uribenet
Hi Oriol,

Congratulations - I heard you're job in Mumbai got confirmed. I hope you have a great time experiencing India. And whenever you want a peaceful holiday again, do make it a point to visit us.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

We went to villa akasa recommended by villa jacaranda but stayed only one night, so desappointed we were. For the expensive price, there were only one person as staff and his english was very poor. We asked to see the owner, he told us she was not here. It is more a hotel than a guesthouse because it was absolutely not friendly. And moreover, each time you want to move you have to pay for an autorickshaw because it is far from the main beaches and restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NanaD_68
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed for five nights. We were given these details from another villa close by. Lovely clean comfortable bed. Excellent breakfast and two tasty evening meals, beautifully cooked and huge portions. Staff very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends