“Beautiful place beautiful people”

Ashiyana Cliff & Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 98 Varkala B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 January 2014

We would like to thank you for such a lovely stay and an extra thank you to billy who made it that extra bit special. I recommend this place highly. Beautiful rooms within beautiful surroundings. My first time in varkala will defiantly be back staying with you again. Many thanks :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Ashiyana Cliff & Beach Resort

Reviewed 28 November 2013

My friend and I originally planned to stay for 4 nights at Ashiyana, but we loved Varkala so much and felt so comfortable in our accommodation, that we ended up staying for six nights. From the moment we arrived at Ashiyana, we were very impressed by the hospitality and friendliness of the owners. The rooms are beautifully decorated and felt wonderfully luxurious compared with other places we'd stayed before. I stayed in the more budget-conscious 'cottage' - but this room was spacious with a huge comfy bed and large bathroom. I didn't opt for a/c but it was available at extra cost. While Ashiyana is away from the main strip, the shops, restaurants and beach are just 2 mins walk away and so it is a great location. There is a lovely seating area where there is free wifi, although we found it very slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This was a lovely place to finish off our 6 week trip in India. It's about a 2-3 minute walk from the shopping strip by the cliff overlooking the beach. The rooms were spacious, tastefully decorated with a very comfortable bed and clean bathroom, had a good Air Conditioner and even a small balcony. The pressure in the shower was great (especially after some of the showers we'd experienced in India)! There's an open courtyard just outside of the rooms which is a nice place to relax after a long day at the beach.

During our stay we met two of the owners, Arshid and Tariq, who are both very informative, keen to help, and a couple of the nicest people we met in India. Upon arrival Arshid gave us some time to freshen up before walking us to the beach area and showing us some of his favourite spots in town. He then sat down with us and organised numerous day trips around Kerala and set us up with a very reliable and friendly driver. On one of the days Tariq even drove us to the railway station at 5:30am in his uncle's car when our tuk-tuk failed to arrive!

Vicky, who was one of the staff at the hotel, was also super friendly and always smiling. He cooked us a fantastic breakfast everyday and never failed to ask how our day was.

The hotel is still new and undergoing renovations which means that it can only get better!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leighmaclaughlin
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This was a really lovely and relaxing place to stay. We were staying in one of the low-budget rooms, but we were still very happy with our room that gave us great comfort. The staff was really friendly and cool, I had a lovely time here.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2013

its a lovely place, the rooms are airy, furnished with the cutest little wicker pieces. the people running it are warm and friendly, going out of their way to help you with anything and everything. close to the cliff and the beach. it has a Screen door, which is very very important as it keeps the mosquitos out, letting u enjoy the cool breeze.
they also provide a flashlight which comes in handy when walking back from the cliff at night!!
the garden is really cozy, to just sit back and read a book (they have quite a few u can borrow)
they don't have a pool yet but you can use the one at the resort nearby for less than €5
I fully intend to stay there when i visit again.

Room Tip: non-ac room are good enough as you can leave the balcony doors open at night (thanks to the screen d...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

This was the first place in India I stayed that I felt the normal comfort of my home country, USA. The marble floors, western bathroom, AC room, hot water, comfortable bed, beautiful courtyard open to the sky, quiet location yet only a few minute walk to the beach, the shops and restaurants. The owner of the resort went out of his way to assist me with all my needs during my stay at Varkala Beach which was super helpful being that I was traveling alone and didn't know the area or what to do. The shops and restaurants in the area are really lovely. I felt Varkala was upscale but with an earthy crunchy sort of feel. All around me were Ayurvedic medicine shops and massage healing centers which added a nice touch to the area. The beaches are beautiful and the sunsets even more. I would stay at this resort again on my next visit and look forward to the new addition of a pool going in soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I spent 3 nights in ashiyana and was sorry that I didn't find out about this place earlier. Beautiful interiors, very airy, calm and quiet. The owner, Arshid, ensures that all the needs of every traveller are met. The best part is that you don't feel like you are staying in a resort. It's more like staying at a friend's house. The garden is where all the guests can get together and talk. The caretaker, vicky, is an awesome kid :). He looks after everyone and never gives you an opportunity to feel homesick. Evenings are lively as everyone gets together and if you like, you can get together with everyone and eat sumptuous home cooked food by vicky :). Plus the resort is a short walk away from the cliff, so you wont have to worry about the distance either. Good food, great ambience, friendly people, big and comfortable rooms, bathtubs :) and everything in a pocket friendly range. Most important, they have screen doors so you can enjoy the amazing cool breeze without worrying about the mosquitos :) This is pure heaven :) A must visit for all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends