All reviews ayurveda massage beach resort mosquito net north cliff salient shore waves balcony sea
Reviewed 16 April 2018

I was in search of some tranquility and found Salient as the best place for me. It is located right on the beach. I had a standard room and found it most convenient for myself.The staff is very friendly and helpful.

Room tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

A quite pleasant hotel in many respects but I went out of season so there was literally no one else there. The beach was a bit of a mess with what the rains and storms had brought in. There was a lot of standing water and lots of mud which didn’t bode well.
I found it miles from anywhere, certainly far too remote for me and getting anywhere was very difficult indeed.
Maybe in the season it is much better but I didn’t like the remoteness of the place.
Being the only person there the facilities and restaurant was non existent.
The owner/manager was a great guy very chilled out about everything so my comments are not a reflection on him.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2018

A serene location away from hustle and bustle of famous Cliff Hotels. Spend your time in leisure listening waves crashed in the shore, a truly sea view Resort. Take a stroll in almost private beach in the evening, Enjoy spicy Keralian Food, get warmth by the most courteous behaviour by the stuff I have ever experienced, Feel your home in their clean and neat room decorated by the mosquito net. We travelled with our 10 months old baby and no problem faced.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Away from the main hustle and bustle of the town, based on the south beach of Varkala, this beach resort is perfect. Staff are friendly and do anything for you. Rooms are clean, mosquito nets, comfy beds. Nice to take the walk back along the beach after the evening, but mind out for the crabs.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

We have enjoyed every minute of our stay. The view from the balcony overlooking the ocean is beautiful, the garden is green and well kept. But what makes Salient worth while returning is the warm and good care of the staff and the amazing indian food. The cook learnt traditional Keralan cooking from his grandmother and he is passing It on wonderfully! All the food is made freshly so It takes around half an hour waiting but its really worth while!!! Tip: order your food in advance.
Thanks to all the hard working, always smiling and very helpful crew! We come back at the end of our holiday! Love, Peter & Mariska

Date of stay: February 2017