I was thrilled to get a great room here after staying 2 nights in an uncomfortable room elsewhere. The manager took my reservation, IN WRITING, for 9 nights. He even gave me a discount for staying 9 nights. I checked in on a Friday and was told on Saturday that I had to move out on Monday! The manager told me he "made a mistake" and that "Italians" were coming and reserved all the AC rooms. He wanted to give me a non-AC room but with the heat and humidity currently in Varkala, there's no way. BTW, this is not my first trip to India and the owner of the guesthouse where I am moving told me that what they did is common practice in India.
Book here at your own risk -- and have a backup plan! What made things worse is that I arrived at the hotel sick and looked forward to the comfortable room -- and then be told I had to move out?!?
Inexcuseable treatment of a guest!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our family run hotel is beautifully located on top of the spectacular and unique red cliff on the seashore with magnificent views, offering comfortable, clean, quiet rooms and independent cottages, nicely situated in a tropical garden setting with small pond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Hill View Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hill View Beach Hotel Varkala
- Hill View Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala