“Clam and relaxing”

Hill View Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 52 Hotels in Varkala
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two days with my wife. It was a good time with this nice place and service was good and everything nearby and have small wonderful view into the ocean. I would recommend people who like to be nearby everything in varkala.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Faiz919

Reviewed 24 January 2013

Stayed here for a few nights at the end of my month's stay in Kerala (of which around 10 days of it was spent in Varkala on and off). Hill View's rooms are lovely and airy, comfy beds, plump pillows, ambient lighting, very clean and good service there. Friendly staff in reception and also very helpful. Payed Rs2,500 per night and I think good value compared to some of the other places on North Cliff charging the same rate but much more basic. Also the adjacent Cafe del Mar restaurant is one of the best cafe / restaurants on the North Cliff. Fantastic food and friendly staff. Busy during peak season but haven't compromised on quality of food. I would very much recommend if you want to be in the thick of the North Cliff action. Otherwise head towards the South Cliff to Varkala Marine Palace.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 January 2013

If you like to be in the middle of the 'action', Hill View Beach Resort at the center of the North cliff might be your thing. If you want to opt for a more lay-back atmosphere reminding to how the place might have been 15 years ago ... check-out for places at the south cliff.
We stayed at Hill View Beach resort at year-end and definately had a good time there.
For a A/C Deluxe @ 5000/- per night we had a nice clean cottage and nothing to complain (although one giant roach :-( one night in the bathroom).
Apparently prices can differ significantly in the high season as others payed a 34 GBP a night for same periode... so comparing carefully their offer with others in your prefered periode might be interesting.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank G2_Belgium
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We actually landed up here, because the place looked neat and authentic among the others in the Varkala lane. Also, I was a little intrigued by the name, Hill View Beach Resort! Turned out to be quite the Oasis we were looking for! The rooms are neat, spacious with old furniture and has large bathrooms with tubs and balconies.

The decor is not bad and I must say, for the price that we paid, it was quite a steal! we took up a first floor room overlooking the sea. It was quite an exciting trip I must say. The Hotel also has a delectable Restaurant, Cafe Del Mar...which for most part of the 3 days that we stayed in....remained busy throughout! We had tried pizzas, pastas and the garlic naans are to die for!

The coffee menu is also quite exhaustive and the owner also runs his travel agency right there, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise as my forever busy trade, forced me to cut my visit by a day and return to Goa where I was working.

This place definitely is one of the best among its contemporaries in Varkala! The staff is very hospitable and they leave you to yourself.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GlobeDiaries
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My partner & I stayed here from 29th december until 2nd January. We had a fantastic time!
After being messed around by a previous hotel in Varkala I found this little gem.
The cottage was set back from the front so although the hotel is located right in the thick of it on the North cliff when you go to your cottage its lovely and calm. Our room was pretty basic, large and clean, the only thing I would say is that the bed was very hard. The bathroom was spacious enough and very clean but for 34 pounds a night it was worth every penny.
Cafe del mar is the restaurant in front of the hotel which had great food and was always busy.
The best thing about our experience were the staff! the hotel manager helped us out so much while we were there, he helped us book taxi's, booked our house boat and even allowed us to return back to our room in the middle of the night for free 2 weeks after we stayed there as we visited Varkala for the evening before taking our flight home from Trivandrum.
The service, location and rooms that have all things you need make this place great value for money at only 34 pounds a night in peak season! a great base for Varkala! would recommend to anyone to stay here!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lou_Eva_88
Reviewed 14 January 2013

We arrived late evening on Dec. 15th and stayed at a place on the north side of the cliff. We encountered not one but 7 giant roaches! Needless to say, we ventured out the next morning to find another hotel. We were invited to see a few rooms at different properties but chose Hill View for their spacious rooms and cleanliness. A huge plus was the staff was friendly and professional. Sanu, one of the office managers was particularly helpful and very service oriented.
We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

My wife happened to be in need of a toilet about 10 minutes after the Café was closed. She passed the open gate where a night guard was sitting. After she returned he seemed to realize that she was no guest of the resort and he got angry. She said she was sorry but he was getting more and more angry. I tried to calm him down, his reaction was to threaten me with a huge wooden stick. Really great experience, especially as

• Stayed: January 2013