All reviews beach resort north cliff place to stay trivandrum airport cottage india sea fridge bathtub plumbing soap mr
Reviewed 5 December 2017

Except the owner at the reception, nothing is welcoming here. The room is small, smelly, dark, cluttered with furnitures (an old wooden desk, a sofa, a worn table, a wardrobe, an uncomfortable bed) which makes the room even smaller and not easy to move around.
The bathroom was dirty. The bathtub is so wobbly that you barely dare to jump in to have a shower. As for the lining it is so peeled and dirty that you wouldn't want to have a bath. The shower curtain was stained. Disgusting!
You really wonder the last time this place has been properly cleaned.
The bedsheets were so damp, borderline still wet, that I couldn't sleep. Not to mention the noise from the disco nearby.
The only positive aspect is the central situation but there's great places for no more money around!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Booked this place for family friends who were travelling from Florida.

Mr. Essaki and rest of the staff were extremely professional and cooperative. They also arranged guided city tour and airport transfers from trivandrum airport.

Rooms: Booked a cottage, it has a lovely setup with a outside sitting option.

Location: 5 star, bang on middle of north cliff, which is the most accessible area in Varkala.

I recommend this place to fellow travellers.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Amazing location. In the morning when you go for walk Cliff is awesome.
Rooms : fantastic no problem clean and neat, big very comfortable.
Service : Okay, can be improve.
Food and Dinning : hotel has tie-up with outside café (had lot of choices to select). they will serve complimentary breakfast but since you are hotel guest you get fix menu which is So So.

Now challenge part. I was driving my own vehicle The google map is not correctly updated we reach other side of cliff. they need to correct this on priority. 2ndly approach road for hotel is so narrow you should be lucky to reach there ... Hotel Person was guiding me as if I am very regular person who keep visiting.

For food I will suggest ... in that small alley you will get lots of options .. do select and enjoy ...
To enjoy fullest and roam around the area you need minimum 1/2 day ..

Room Tip: For Individuals or Married couples without kids ... its good
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2017

The best part about the resort is the location! The front view of the resort has no obstruction so you can have the best view of the sea. The restaurant serves the best food I had in Varkala. They will take time to serve you as they prepare everything fresh !
The staff is very helpful, especially would like to mention Mr. Essaki who went an extra mile to help us as we made last minute booking and also arrived late to the resort.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JayD20
Reviewed 24 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here 2 nights. The room was clean, great AC, refrigerator working, and while the 'beach view' was a little to the side, it was still beautiful and peaceful. We didn't book or pay for a 4 or 5 star hotel so we didn't expect 5 star. But we have no complaints at all. Everything was clean and comfortable and it was a perfect location to enjoy the beach and at a great price. We will stay again. Another big plus is that we forgot our laptop in the bed. The hotel called immediately and we came back to get it. Where else in India would hotel staff be so honest? That along with the clean room and great location make this a great choice for a place to stay in Varkala!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple