“excellent ayurveda cure”

Krishnatheeram Ayur Holy Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 52 Hotels in Varkala
Reviewed 16 February 2014

A very nice middle class Ayurveda and yoga Resort in paradise.Pool,shopping, chillout, 2 sandy beaches.Excellent Ayurveda doctor "Sarita" and Team, very good yoga with "sunil".A good combination for health and Indian vacation. Gabriele Löscher, Yoga Schule München

Room Tip: rooms in the southside are more comfotable.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gabriele L

Reviewed 10 December 2013

We moved to this hotel from another on the cliff after one night as for the same price as our tired room we could stay here in a fresh clean room with a pool overlooking the beach!
The location was good, near the action but still quiet.
The free breakfast was OK but most days we opted to eat at a German bakery a few doors away as their breakfast was excellent and inexpensive. The restaurant was the only real let down as although the food was OK they often didn't have a lot of the menu. But with so many other restaurants along the cliff this didn't matter.
I did yoga every morning on the roof over looking the ocean. The instructor was great and he catered to all skill levels so I did not feel like a spare part even as beginner. This was a highlight of my trip.
I would definitely return to this hotel if I was in Varkala again :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Drea7810
Reviewed 30 November 2013

A peaceful place to stay around with pure natural beauty and atmosphere.Krishnatheeram as it is well maintained with all the Ayurveda holy environment with really good manager and staffs specially when it comes to guest relationship lady,makes our family feel like we where not in a holidays with strange people around us but like in a family and homely kind of feeling.

Room Tip: Wood house near the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank djnbzbkk
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

..North Cliff. Nice, clean rooms, friendly staff, good & fresh food, very nice location with excellent view, easy beach access, swimming pool and free Wifi at the reception. To mention : Ayurveda Center with a very good Doctor (Dr. Saritha) and well trained Therapeuts. Nice Yoga Centre with breathtaking sea view and a second Restaurant on Rooftop. Very good value for money!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ralf S
Reviewed 16 November 2013

We had made a bulk booking (15 Rooms) for October at this Resort to host our Wedding Guests from Europe, and we never regretted our decision of having chosen this beautiful Unterkunft in Varkala. The place was a "love at first sight" for us - when we were scouting in June for a suitable Hotel/Resort for accommodating the entire Bandwagon, and it was surprising to see that the place was still fully operational during the peak Monsoon season too. We simply loved the serene location, appreciated the hospitality and the courtesy of the staff, and were happy that our long walks along the cliff in search of a suitable accommodation were finally rewarded - amply rewarded. We realised during our stay that the place was also "worth every dime", be it the quality of the rooms - its value for money, location, quality of food, the pool, et cetera. The efficient and the courteous behaviour of the staff is very commendable too - Mr. Sanil (the manager) and his staff are very helpful and are always available at your beck and call for any assistance. The taxi arrangements for the regular ferrying of the guests from Thiruvananthapuram Airport (Trivandrum) to the Resort and back were also handled very well, and the taxi drivers were very friendly and non-intrusive too - anyway the guests seemed to be pleased with arrangements. Furthermore, we also received good feedback concerning the Ayurvedic Massages from certain guests. In toto, it was a nice experience and we were deligthed.

We have decided to visit the place again in the future, as we are totally convinced of our choice based on our past experience. We highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sharathii
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have stayed Krishnatheeram twice. Once for Ayurveda treatment by myself, they have great packages for Ayurveda treatment including Room, 3 ayurveda-based meals, herbal tea, Yoga, 2 hours therapy, medicine for good price. And their attached ayurveda clinic has a Green leaf certificate(the best!)
I found a doctor and therapists here are experienced and sincere.
I spent beautiful time with other ayur-treatment guests
And 2nd time, although I didn't plan to stay here(cuz this time was more budget travel), me and my friend were so attracted by this location, view, authentic Kerala style and we decided to stay again.(and it was a good decision!)
Amazing, the receptionist even remembered my name!
He is very helpful and trustful.

Atmosphere here makes me feel so relaxed.
I think it's the best sea view resort in Varkala(you'll enjoy the sunset in deck-chair), since it has got much space, you get good breeze.(it was no problem even in April)
I like here cause they have some different places to sit and read book, like sea front, by the swimming pool, hammock, in front of the room, restaurant, yoga hall (<- yoga is also good here,shivananda style)
And one of the closest one to the black beach, a bit far to the main beach.
It is nice you are a little far from the main area, less crowded and more relaxed.

They also maintain Kerala style garden(loved flowers and statues) very well. All stuff is friendly and lovely.
Room is simple and clean, some rooms have great sea view.
The restaurant is not that popular for non-ayur treatment people but there're many around there so you don't mind.

I miss Varkala and when I go back there, I'll check this resort for sure.

Room Tip: You better make a reservation in advance, especially high season. I saw many walk-in people due to t...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I have stayed in krishnatheeram for three weeks in october-2013. The cottages are very good, right in the beach itself with service minded staff. More over the Ayurveda massage & other treatment done there is the best comparable to any Ayurveda Hospitals/resorts in Kerala and its genuine with out any tourism mix . The ayurveda physician Dr.Saritha Kurup is an expert in this field and she ensured the satisfaction of the customer to get relief out of my body&mind problems. Those who want real &genuine Ayurveda treatment & relaxation in Kerala, this is the right place. The pool overlooking the sea is a mind blowing experience . The yoga center with yoga and meditation center in the first floor overlooking the sea is a very memorable experience under the guidance of yoga master Mr.Sunil Ramachandran.
I was a bit confused when i checked in as i had various doubts in the first impression but i extended my 2 weeks holiday to three weeks later on (i wish i had more time) !!!! Thank you team krishnatheeram... Especially sanil,anand, & Janaki Resorts who is running the show now. I will definitely come back soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo