My son and I stayed 4 nights at Deshadan in mid June 2013 and believe it was the highlight of our three week southern india tour. The rooms are fantastic; clean comfortable and well maintained and all located just a step from the beautiful central swimming pool. The restaurant was a joy; even though it was almost monsoon season the two chefs in the kitchen were on call all day for snacks or room service and the meals on offer were absolutely superb! The wait staff were extra helpful with recommendations and their ability to acquire an ice cold bottle of beer for sun-downers was amazing. Likewise on arrival we had no change for the TukTuk cab but reception paid our driver without a second thought (and also without any comment or reminder to us!)
Great place, great hotel and even more impressive staff: reception, restaurant and the chefs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just 200 metres from the Papanasam cliff at Varkala, Deshadan offers the best of everything. Be it the cuisine, the facilities or the comforts. At Deshadan you can explore a wide variety of holiday pleasures. Once you have had your fill of the beach choose to laze around in the deluxe A/C rooms facing the pool. Rest assured with mouth watering dishes with smiling service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Deshadan Cliff & Beach Hotel Varkala
- Deshadan Cliff And Beach Resort
- Deshadan Cliff & Beach Resort Varkala, Kerala