“As Basic As It Gets”
Review of Hotel Shanti

Hotel Shanti
Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Khajuraho
Reviewed 1 April 2013

It can't get any more basic than this. You get a floor, four walls and a ceiling - so to speak! What's in the room is tangible and and yours. Forget intangibles like service - staff are self absorbed and busy with themselves. Just stay here for a place to sleep and that's all.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BuzDriver
There are newer reviews for Hotel Shanti

Reviewed 31 March 2013

A good budget hotel.Hotel is clean and peaceful.close to Khajuraho temples. Hotel is quite safe and family hotel. free driver room is also avalable. while in Khajuraho avoid cheap hotels and try to stay in good hotel do not see cost.

Room Tip: High floor rooms are good.
Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank s j
Reviewed 10 January 2013

This hotel is situated right in the heart of the Khajuraho city. It is opposite the Shiv Sagar lake and see the western temples from the balcony of the hotel.

We stayed in the first floor of the hotel and the room was near the hotel restaurant. We went during the Dec so did not require AC rooms. The rooms in the ground floor and basement do have AC rooms too. The room rates are not fixed do bargain and they will give you a good discount.

The room that we stayed in were big and had a hot water supply from morning 7 to 10 AM and then 7PM to 10PM in the night. You need to ask the hotel reception to change the bed sheets everyday. The bathroom are clean.

This is a basic hotel so do not expect any luxury.

Room Tip: Do not take the rooms near the restaurant as it will always be noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2012

I stay here a week back and found it a really good place to stay in terms of cleanliness, the deal, the location and the service. Its a small walk away from the Western group of temples (which you can see from the hotel's restaurant balcony). Because of this hotel's location we could make it to the light and sound show in the temple complex in the evening (6.30pm to 7.30pm - english show and 7.40pm onwards - hindi show). We were picked up from the station and were taken care of well. Food is also good in the restaurant!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 September 2012

it's a good hotel good service Excellent Management, I took a double room way at the back with a large window overlooking the garden and a field. It was heaven waking to birdsong in the morning instead of traffic noise. This was the cleanest hotel and best value yet of my two weeks in India, the bathroom tiles actually shined and I was given Soap for the first time! There was loud voices of staff early in the morning so if sleeping in is important, beware, however it wasn't an issue for me. I became sick for 4 days after eating at Blue Sky restaurant so I was very happy to have this nice room to recover as I spent the most part of 4 days inside. I paid 600 INR for my room so bargain!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I paid 500INR for my room so bargain!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Nitboc
Reviewed 19 January 2012

For the price we paid for the rooms we found it good value. The staff were very helpfull and even lent us money because the ATMs did not work. The food is ok. Very good location.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple