“Rude Receptionist Doesn't Know "Hospitality"!”
Review of Hotel Usha Bundela

Hotel Usha Bundela
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Khajuraho
Jabalpur, India
“Rude Receptionist Doesn't Know "Hospitality"!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Visited Khajuraho during last weekend, and planned to stay at Usha Bundela, as seen good Hotel. I checked with My travel agent A2 Tours & Travels, Jabalpur, it was around 2000/nt and when we reached at reception- The Guy Mr. Narain Singh, who was there to grit guests, was behaving like a boss and told us that room costs Rs. 3200/nt.
I rechecked with my travel agent, it was same- Rs 2K. But that bloody receptionist was not ready to listen us. Then I asked my travel agent to book my room, he booked from his office at 2K, I received his message of booking, I showed it to receptionist- He said in very rude manner- "Will not give you room- online booking is valid after 24 hrs- come and stay next day". Then I talked to Hotel GM Mr. Raina & shown him a message & took a print out of booking- he gritted us softly & asked to resolve the issue warmly. He checked with A2 Travels, Jabalpur and there was a booking- Immediately he gave us room at 2K.

Meanwhile, since we were late, we said that will pay cash- whatever it is- Receptionist Mr. Narain Singh said- "We have don't have any Room" What a rubbish attitude it was! I never seen such type of bad hospitality anywhere during my trip. Since my hotel was booked there with pre-payment I stayed here- otherwise I would have said "Go to Hell"!!
Really frustrating experience.

Since the other staff at Restaurant was very good & gave us good hospitality- I have given a rating of 1- otherwise it is of NO worth- 0 Rating.

Note:- We took 3 Rooms- But TV (90's Model) in none of the room was working. How terrible!!!! Don't know who gave 3 stars to them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank ajptraveler26

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The rooms are very spacious and clean. Perfectly working AC makes the difference when outside is crazy hot.
The breakfast was a great experience - the restaurant manager kept asking us if we want more juice, more coffee, more omelette....
There is a swimming pool, which was absolutely brilliant and we basically had it to ourselves. There was nobody else in the hotel!!!

Now the bad things. On the first day while having coffee in the restaurant I´ve seen a mouse walking all the way on the long table by the wall. When I told about it to the staff they just ignored me.
There is no wi-fi. Well.... that´s not true, actually there is a wi-fi, but you need to pay for it separately. Taking into account the price for the room I think it´s not fair.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Roma
Reviewed 1 May 2014

The jewel of this hotel is its garden and swimming pool. We were there in april (very hot but not so humid) so to have a bath in the fresh and clean water was amazing!! Rooms are in the average and toilet didn't flush properly. Bathroom in general should be renewed and this is very frequent in India. Restaurant is quite ok but we had to send bach some chicken which was not cooked inside and showed some blood. Wifi is on payment

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hyderabad
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I stayed here for a couple of days in may 2013. although it was horrible summer outside, bt rooms were good, spacious, restaurent staff was very good, and helpful. May be i visited during off-season so guests were very less...
Bath tub was not working for my room (Room no 206) .
One sugestion i want to give to management of usha bundela... I've visited many hotels across globe, and seen giving guests a smile is above of all gestures...
Swimming pool was also not in working condition...
overall it was average...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Oxford, Ohio
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Stayed one night on a GAdventures tour. The hotel is located in a tourist complex north of the airport and very near the Western Temples. Usha Bundela had a ‘Holiday Inn’ feel (i.e., not at all charming) and appeared to be built for group tours. Our ground floor room was clean and everything worked. Like the lobby area, the room was surprisingly large, with a minimum of furniture, and rather dark even though it faced the garden. The bed was on the firm/hard side and, for our tastes, not that comfortable. The morning breakfast buffet was quite ample and appetizing. Unlike other hotels we stayed in, there was a charge for Wi-Fi (100Rs/hr), and guests reported that the connection was not good. The staff was not particularly friendly and porters and servers lingered about expecting a tip. In short, the Usha Bundela was OK for one night, but I would suggest looking at alternative hotels in the area.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here during a group tour in a room to myself on the ground floor not far from the entrance area.

It was a large room with a very high ceiling which made it seem even more spacious. My friends had the room next door and the colour in their room was blue. Nicely coordinated.

The bed was comfortable and I slept well. The bathroom was okay - mine had a bathtub as well. I had an issue with the toilet not flushing properly and had to get someone to come and look at it. Seems it was a common thing as others in our group had the same issue.

There is a nice bar upstairs and a restaurant on the ground floor where we had a lovely dinner one night as well as breakfast the next day.

The hotel was in a good location and we walked from the hotel into town for a look at the shops. There were a lot of hawkers who followed and hassled us and were hard to shake.

The grounds were well kept and the pool did look inviting if only it had been warmer!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This place is by far one of the most disgusting place I have EVER seen, and the staff are clueless, worthless, unprofessional and just rude, the worst of all was the general manager Sharad Raina. I was booked at this hotel from COmpass India, on my 17 trek in and around India/Nepal, and out of all the hotels booked on my behalf this was one of the only hotels that concerned me due to their terrible reviews, which I mentioned to both the travel company as well as personally to the hotel, getting an email back from this GM telling me "we've never had any problems before..", which I knew was a complete lie! So I gave them the benefit of the doubt, which I should have never did, and I'm writing this detailed review so nobody else has to be treated as bad as I was, please do me a favor and stay as far away from this nasty disgusting 1 star if that hotel, this place needs to be torn down with their staff still in the building.

Came in this afternoon and immediately told that there was a fee to get on the internet (old slow antique computer), went to the room, and immediately notice green mold growing around the shower head, toilet didn't flush unless (as instructed) to hold the handle down for an extended period of time, their was a weird smell in the room, as well as the refrigerator. And worst for me, I like to watch movies or tv (in english) before I fall asleep, no channels whatsover for over 4 hours, listening to excuse after excuse, getting more upset with being blown off, I approached one of the front desk staff he tells me "if you don't like it here you can leave...we don't care..", basically telling me to just leave because they don't want to here how terrible this place really is; insulted by his words, I asked to have the same GM called (who wrote me back the email), he finally shows up close to 6pm (way over 5 hours after coming into this hellhole), he comes out points his finger in my face tells me "you have 5 minutes to get out....I'm not doing anything for you..", I told him gladly you should have paid me for rabi shots at this flea trap.

The hotel lobby is very hot, asked them "why the ac was off in the lobby", without getting an answer.

I hope and pray this helps anybody contemplating in staying at this overpriced, unprofessional, clearly don't care about their guest whatsoever. BEWARE!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank tammyBaltimore_Md

Travellers are raving about these Khajuraho hotels