I booked this hotel in advance for two nights during 19th Dec-20th Dec. The hotel was booked via Makemytrip.com. When I reached there (with my family at around 9.00PM hoping for nice rest after hectic day at Shirdi and Sani Singnapur), he informed me that there is no room. I had made made advance payment already. He offered a stay in a in a nearby lodge instead.
Here are his attempts to show his intentional fraud as some genuine issue and how I nailed his lies in front of him.
1. AC is not working.
-- I told him that I will manage without AC. He got foxed at this.
2. Even electricity is not there
-- I knew he is lying and that is why, I asked him to show me the room which has no electricity, He was shocked as he didn't expect me to ask him to show the room.
3. He tried another spin by saying hotel checkin time is 12.00 and since I got late, he gave it to someone else.
-- I asked him to show me his register and prove me that check in time is 12.00.
-- I asked him to show me the proof if I committed any time of my arrival in his records on which basis he decided to assume I am late.
-- I also asked him what did he do find out if I am late (say, did he call me ? or anything ?)
-- Then, I showed him the booking explicitly saying that I need not talk to hotel further after reconfirmation of this booking.
4. He offered me a room claiming of equivalent in size and status. Since I was with family, being new to the Aurangabad city and it was already 9.45PM in this whole conversation, I went to his suggested so called sister concern. After looking at the room, it was obvious that for years nobody would have ever booked that room. There is no reason why it should have been booked by any body.
In short, despite my advance payment, he gave the room to somebody else and denied me room. I had to roam in the city hotel after hotel looking for accommodation. Everybody can sense the urgency and I had to book the room with at least 50% premium to get a room to pass the nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This budget hotel is 2.8 km from Aurangabad train station, 3.4 km from Bibi Ka Maqbara and 6 km from the Buddhist Aurangabad Caves. The humble, traditionally furnished rooms come with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. Some have air-conditioning. Room service is available. Breakfast is offered (fee). Other amenities include a relaxed cafe and complimentary parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotels Arts Executive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.