We stayed at the Taj Residency so that we could explore the Ajanta and Ellora caves. We purchased the Cultural Carnivals package that included breakfast, dinner and a driver to take you to the caves -- I would recommend this package if you're planning on seeing the caves. The car was a nice sedan and pretty comfortable.
The service was generally very good. Our pick-up from the airport and transfer to the hotel was very smooth. The staff was friendly and accommodating.
But don't expect the rooms here to even compare to rooms of other Taj Hotels (like the Rambagh palace or the palace wing in Mumbai). To be fair, the price of this hotel is a fraction of what the other Taj's cost. Like other travelers, we were told that we were upgraded from a Deluxe to Luxury, but the room really didn't seem luxurious at all. Although the room was clean, it looked more like a Best Western motel.
The first night, we had dinner in the regular indoor restaurant. Some of the dishes were quite good, while others were just ok. The second night, we had dinner at their outdoor bbq (this cost extra per person, but definitely worth it). The food was delicious -- probably one of the best meals we had during the 10 days we were in India.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moghul-style hotel with central dome, situated on 5 landscaped acres. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vivanta by Taj Aurangabad reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Residency Hotel Aurangabad
- Aurangabad Taj Residency Hotel