“Learn how to treat a 2 year old!!! Disgusted by the manager’s holier-than-thou attitude!!!”
Review of Shizusan

Shizusan
Ranked #144 of 7,172 Restaurants in Pune
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

Horrible how some places have absolutely no decency of behaving the right way with their customers... Probably a place that can’t handle crowd too well...

But coming from a place which is supposedly good, it was pure disgusting...

the waiters first sent me and my 2 yr old to the outside section since there were “apparently” no tables but were absolutely ok with taking in other people.. and well let’s not even start talking about their horrible attitude...

It was as if they were doing us a favour by letting us walk through their doors..

When questioned their Manager - Anil (Or so he said) was unapologetic and even better - argumentative...

Made my 2 yr old wait in the outside section (which apparently is closed these days and they keep it as waiting area for poor desolate clients dying to eat their food with no lights or provision for mosquitoes) while 2 tables remained empty waiting for money spenders!!

I finally left my food and walked out of the horrible place...

The experience - excruciatingly frustrating and pathetic

Now awaiting a “holier-than-thou” response to this.. If at all!!!

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Shizusan is my family's happy place. Both my wife and me love the maki rolls here ...The philadelhia rolls, rainbow maki and the vegetarian california rolls are a must order. The Shizusan Soup Dumplings are excellent and again a must order ... The curry bowls are big here and a single bowl is more than enough for 2 people.

Reviewed 7 June 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for a pan Asian meal, if you are ever in Phoenix Market City.

They have a great selection of dimsums; we tried the Lamb Suimai, prawn and chives dumplings, chicken soup dumplings, and crystal veg dumplings, all of which were great! The dumpling wrappers are thin, and not doughy at all, while the fillings are moist and delicately flavoured.

We also tried the a couple of sushi rolls - the dynamite shrimp roll and the spicy tuna roll. While the ingredients were fresh and the rolls tasted quite nice, there is still a little room for improvement.

Moving on, next on the table came the stir fried shrimp, the pork belly, and a selection of baos. Each of these dishes was great, with the pork belly deserving a special mention as it was succulent and juicy with an almost caramel-y BBQ sauce (a must try)! The baos themselves were light and fluffy and melted in your mouth, with very innovative fillings.

We finished with the mud cake which was also great but an average cremé bruleé.

The ambiance is pretty good, and the service staff was quick and attentive. They were knowledgeable about the menu, and made good recommendations.
All in all, a pretty good experience!

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

Eating the appetizing cuisine at Shizusan is one of the pleasures I enjoy when visiting Pune. When it first opened however, I didn't care for the food. As I also write on Zomato under my pet name of "Seby Singh" I had given it a mixed review as I had expected it to be perfect from day one. I should have realized that restaurants often have teething problems and need time to fine tune their dishes.

Last summer I ventured in to see if the cuisine had improved. I ordered a variety of dimsum and fell in love. Thereafter, eveery time I visited Phoenix Market City Mall, I made any excuse to eat here.

Now when I am in Pune, the first meal I look forward to having is at Shizusan. The prawn and chive dumplings glisten and each bite is heavenly. I also like the shrimp hargao. Above all, I am partial to the baby back ribs with plain white rice. The ribs are meaty and I can taste the star anise which gives it a tangy delectable flavour. To drink, I usually get a mocktail which has the right amount of citrus to make it sparkle.

The service here is warm and friendly. The playlist is peppered with 1920's jazz which makes the meal all the more enjoyable.

Bring an appetite.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

My wife, children and I had lunch at Shizusan on Monday 14th May and we thoroughly enjoyed the food on offer and the quality of service.
The food was truly excellent and every dish we ordered was par-excellence.