“One of the best places to stay in Pune” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Marriott Suites Pune

Marriott Suites Pune
Ranked #4 of 221 Hotels in Pune
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“One of the best places to stay in Pune”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

First thing that attracts you once you enter the hotel is London Taxi parked outside
Expected the room to be compact but turned out to be quite big for comfort
Overall place pretty hygienic and special mention to the housekeeping team for being there whenever required even at odd hours
Oak Lounge is a special place to be at if staying at Oakwood
Finally,worth experiencing Oakwood whenever in Pune.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this review, 22 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating The Oakwood Premier Pune as one of the best hotel in Pune. It is the motivation and generous appreciation by guests such as yourself that align and engage the hotel's team to excel in offering outstanding guest experience to our guests.

We look forward to your next visit to our property

Trishal Rao

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Indonesian first
Melbourne
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

We hired three rooms for five nights. First the good points - exceptionally good food in the Sea5ons restaurant where the Indian breakfast menu changed every day. Well-appointed, comfortable suites that included all crockery, cutlery and appliances you can think of. Comfortable beds and international power outlets (in every room). You could easily live here longer if you were an expat. The staff are mostly excellent and friendly, but less so at Registration.

The two negatives relate to training.

The bathroom is meant to get two towels, two facecloths and two hand towels daily. This became a little game for us. The second day a face cloth was not replaced. The third day two facecloths were not replaced. The fouth day the two facecloths and one hand towel were not replaced. Not waiting to see how far this game would go, I complained and immediately got three handtowels and three facecloths and the same on our last day. Even the two water bottles of day was increased to three. This comedy of errors is a training issue.

The front-loading washing machine comes with a small user guide but it has no mention of how to load the washing detergent. I filled the right-most (of three) compartment (marked "1") with detergent and was surprised that it was not used during the wash. An engineer was summoned and he told me to put the detergent in the compartment marked "3". It would help to add this to the instruction pouch.

The purchased wi-fi only powers two devices - something the front desk could not confirm to me. Our rooms had two adults each with a laptop and mobile phone, so it was a constant hassle to turn off wi-fi so that both could use it. Oakwood need to be less stingy with the usage policy. Nowadays, people have many internet-enabled devices (such as game consoles) and need seamless access. On the last day when my phone was the only device to be turned on, I got the "too many devices" error. The hotel put me onto Docomo, where the support person tried some ideas and then put me to the next higher level operator. Several more ideas did not work until they threw some big switch and I finally connected.

The biggest problem was the room keys. Although two of the rooms had two people in them, we were initially given a single key. When additional keys were issued, the original ones were not recalled and replaced. As a result, one person in a room could not open their door. Late one night when my room mate had gone to bed, I could not open my room door. I went down to complain and was told that I put my phone in the same pocket and that may have erased my key. The "fixed" key did not work. Down again, the second, third and fourth time, when I told the desk clerk to come up with me to check that I wasn't doing anything wrong. This time the surly night manager muttered something to the desk clerk (presumably to issue a new key). The key worked fine, but the next morning my room mate's key didn't work. Something similar happened in the other room too.

The door key training should include the knowledge that if a second key is requested, then the old key is returned and two new keys are cut, because the code is not stored and only a new code can be generated.

Although security is laudable and there is plenty of it at the hotel, when a group of people checks in, they should be asked if the keys can be used in the lift to access other floors. When we had to meet in a colleague's room on another floor, they had to come to our level (lower) and escort us up to theirs.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank trainsem
Dear Guest,

Thank you for feedback and points mentiond about your experience at the Oakwood Premier Pune.

Your comments regarding the Housekeeping, Wifi and room keys has been shared with the concerned departmental Manager. We would like to assure you that we do take your comments seriously and we will ensure that similar mistakes do not arrise in future.

I would like to take this opportunity to invite you once again to our property in case your travel, brings you down to Pune again. Do route your reservations directly through my office as I can make the necessairy arrangements.

We look forward to welcoming you once again at the Oakwood

Marlborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

Being in Pune I had always passed by this Hotel, thinking to visit one day. Finally that day came and my hubby and I thought of celebrating our Anniversary here. We planned to have dinner. We ordered 2 starters which was Mutton seekh kebab and fish tikka. Main course we had Mutton biryani. Both starter and main course were tasty and well presented. Service was prompt and friendly. Ambiance was quite and soulful, perfect for couples. Not much to say but a simple and sweet evening we had in Hotel Oakwood, Pune

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating food and service at the Oakwood Premier Pune and we are delighted that you enjoyed your first time experience at the property.

I look ahead to your next visit

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013 via mobile

The little joys one can have when where you going for mini vacation you can carry your pets along. And Oakwood Pune will def top it for me. As in india you arent getting many pet friendly hotels or so..they are the best space one will wish to stay in with you loving pets. The best part was we checked in late night, and still all the staff were warm and friendly and very attentive, got room service too with things what wasnt in the in room dining, and when ever we went out and housekeeping needed to do their jobs, our cats didnt have any trouble and slept purring well, infact we had 3 of our persian kittens with us.
This is a wonderful home away from home and a lil more than just the feel of a home :)

Stayed November 2013
Trishal R, Director of Sales and Marketing at Marriott Suites Pune, responded to this review, 23 November 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderfuI review and comments about the property. We do believe in personalised and exceptional service and your comments does motivate us. We also boast of being the only pet friendly property in Pune to ensure our guests feel at home while travelling with their pets to our property.

Thanks once again and we look forward to your future return

Kind regards,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

For the price of an hotel room you will have a small appartment. Your kitchen, your living room, your privacy with the bathroom access from your bedroom. And also you can receive your friends like your home. I will definetely recommend this residence in Pune. This is the second time for me in Oakwood Premier in business trip, I would come back in Pune with my family, enjoying the pool and children garden!

Room Tip: If you have choice I would recommend the 3rd or 4th floor, it will be better from balcony. You don...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out to share with us your wonderful feedback about our property. We are indeed happy to know that you had a very good experience with us.

I have also shared your encouraging feedback with our teams, and it truly drives us to give our very best.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Oakwood.

Trishal
Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

We booked and went to this Service apt/Hotel as this was in a good location at Pune. Being a top of the rung property Alas i had knownmore about the staff. I expected the amenities to be top drawer kind. However I was in for two jolts. When we drove in , in my BMW 5 series the valet volunteered to park it. I promptly handed over the keys while asking him if he could drive it? He said of course slipped in and to my horror began toying with the controls. Bewildered when I asked him to step out another senior slips in and berates him saying this is the correct way. I realised had I strolled off after handing my keys the valet would have had a field day leraning the Beamer at my expense. Post this incident I did not handover my car key to anyone in Oakwood.

The second jolt was when to the chagrin of my family the Hotel did not have leading Indian channels such as Colors which plays India's top programme Big Boss .When I enquired about the same I was told quite matter of factly by the duty manager that they do not subscribe to it and that it was not a leading channel. When I politely suggested that one of India's biggest programmes Big Boss season 7 was on this channel and I am from the media, he went on to tell me that it wasn't a popular programme. I gave up when requested him for wi fi so that I could access that on my Mac he asked me to pay $8 or Rs 500 INR. I found that preposterous and told him that in no uncertain terms after which he activated the wifi as I desired. The following day to my dismay my wifi was deativated and I was rudely told to pay up in case I wanted see my favourite and India's favourite programme Big Boss which is the equivalent of UK's Big Brother and hosted by India's no 1 cine star Salman Khan. The front office executive apologetically admitted that they had received several complaints regarding the same and were looking into it. I run an advertising PR and integrated marketing firm. I have travelled the seve seas and barring Senator in Zurich I have never had to face rude staff in any hotel. So this treatment meted out to me in the presence of family out for a nice time from Mumbai was totally uncalled for. After all we were shelling out a decent amount for our stay booked through Hotel.com which we wanted to cancel earlier but were not allowed to as my credit card was already being encashed well before my stay. Moreover this Bengali duty manger reminded me that I have come through Hotel.com and not made a direst booking. I put on record my strong protest against Oakwood group and swear never to use this group again or suggest to any of my contacts. arrogant, Ill mannered and lack of any courtesy Oakwood is an appropriate name for wooden service without feelings.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Sandymenon
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the property and please accept our apologies for any inconvenience.

On investigating the issue with your car, we have not found any records about the valet, however we are further investigation this through our CCTV footage. We would like to assure you that all our vallets and drivers are trained to handle imported cars in the property.

Like most hotels in Pune, we currently do not feature Colors channel since it is a paid channel subscribed by all cable operators in Pune. We are however looking into the matter and will keep you updated in case we do feature this channel in future.

Since our Internet is provided by an external service provider, we do have an hourly, daily and weekly charge for the same. On investigating the same we also found out that as a special case we had offered complementary internet for one day and the following was also communicated.

Your experience definitely does not resonate our true Oakwood culture and I would be keen to connect with you to discuss your experience.

We hope you will give us opportunity to host you again so that you can experience our true level of hospitality and service. The entire team look forward to welcome you back soon.

Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 November 2013

We were a group of 6 friends, and we rented the 3 bedroom suite. It was excellent.

The rooms were very very nice, nothing short of a 5 star hotel. The kitchen had everything you could ask for (except for a corkscrew) but had separate glasses for white, red and bubbly.

The showers were really nice too.

I wasn't too kicked about the late night food we got at the cafe downstairs. But overall, this is a great place to stay in Puna.

Room Tip: 3 bedroom suite is nice!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank gurveer

Greetings from Oakwood Premier Pune

Thank you for your wonderful feedback and comments about the property and we are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us at the Oakwood. We provide a wine and cork screw in all our rooms and your comments regarding the same has been bought to the attention of my House Keeping Manager.

Our midnight food and buffet is a limited spread mainly catering to late night party goers and the concept is based on street food. I have however kept my chef well informed.

Thanks once again and we look forward to your future reture to Oakwood Premier Pune