“Smart and Value for Money..!!!”
Review of Smart Inn Pune

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pune
Smart Inn Pune
Ranked #180 of 219 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Stayed there in recently for two days and personally it was a tick mark in all the right boxes - locality, comfort and most importantly - value for money. The staff was courteous and helpful. Its was just what I was looking for, a clean and nice place to stay while not being heavy on my wallet.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RohanJalan

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Around two years back i stayed for a day, that time it was OK but last week, we hired two rooms and felt like cheated....few drawbacks -
Smart cards for door opening, are not working at all in any of the rooms.
No glass or jug are available in the rooms, not provided even after asked.
Showers and washer of bathroom/restrooms were not working at all.
Drinking water tap is provided at rest room (how funny)...etc.....etc...etc......

Finally too bad experience.......only staffs are co-operative !!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 January 2014

My last minute booking can not be good and lucky always....here is one where I struggled to understand if it was indeed the right choice. although I had seen some awful reviews on my smart phone yet i chose to accept the rosy picture of the beautiful rooms.

I guess its a concept mismatch, possibly some NRI has tried to work upon the hotel business as seen abroad. The checkin was too clumsy and had to struggle with the non responsive machine. plz dont touch the touch screen just poke it.

Room was not realy bad as it was dirt cheap. Had a quite sleep though which is the primary reason for me to checkin. Bathing water was hot....thank god and the management....

check out after breakfast so cant write much.

Only good thing is the location that I would appreciate!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2014

When you see name like smart in and information that it is self service you think that getting a room will be no problem. Unfortunately you are wrong in this case, there is no option to get room before chcek-in time even if you want to pay additionaly. The weirdest thing is the fact that manager show me few rooms and ask with suits me best but tell me I have to wait addional 2 hours because it will be check-in time and there is no option to take room earlier.After 2 hours of waiting I was ask for photocopy of pasports(why they need it!?) and introduced to very old and strange machine with very iresponsive touch screen. Taking 2 rooms for 4 persons took me about 45 minutes because of irresponsivnes of screen.
After that you get a card to your room with is quite small but ok for a budget hotel. Hot water is only at selected time, bed's are comfortable.
Please be aware of fact that only 1 person in hotel was speaking english- and it was manager who was quite polite and nice person.
Keys to room(plastic cards), stop working twice a day and you have to go and ask for a replacement.
As for food there is breakfast included with is a small buffet on with there is always not enough bread and milk. Generally food is poor and I do not recommend it if you can afford buying something outside of hotel.
At least at every of 5 nights I stayed there it was quiet.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

The room was Extremely tiny and claustrophobic, nothing like the pictures. All rooms in the hotel are of the same size.

We checked in at 12, and the shower was cold; turns out there's hot water only from 7 to 10am! What!?

The beds are creaky, wall paint is wearing off.

Only reason for 2 stars is because the staff are reasonably affable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Smart Inn is a budget hotel and it is very centrally located, just walking distance from the main road. (ie. Fergusson College Road) We chose to stay at this hotel, as it was in close proximity to the venue, at which we were attending an event. The whole concept of Smart Inn is great but the management is a big letdown. We wanted a road facing room and since most of the rooms facing the road, were occupied on the first, second and third floor, we were given a room on the fourth floor. The room is very small and so is the bathroom. The check-in is a hassle, you have to use the outdated automated machine, which takes ages. We were tired and settled in for the night but I could not sleep. I kept sneezing and sneezing as there was so much dust in the room. Immediately, I had to switch off the AC and open the window. Well, that was not all, after battling it out with the dust, I was finally falling off to sleep, when someone opens the door at 2.30am. I screamed and shouted at the person. Being two female travellers, the least you expect from any hotel is SECURITY!!! In the morning, when I reported the problem to the manager, he just said a casual ‘sorry’, like it’s not a big deal and made me feel like, I was making a mountain of a molehill. The person who entered my room was a housekeeping staff, who was showing the room to a guest who had come in late. Such is the state of affairs at Smart Inn, that they don’t even know which room is occupied and which is vacant. The breakfast is pathetic, they just buy the food from the eatery (Roopali) close by. We did not even feel like eating the breakfast, as it was cold and the table on which the breakfast was served was not clean. One night was more than enough at this hotel. We shifted to Hotel Orbett close by. I forgot to take my camera on this trip, hence no pictures of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Smart Inn is a budget hotel and it is very centrally located, just walking distance from the main road. (ie. Fergusson College Road) We chose to stay at this hotel, as it was in close proximity to the venue, at which we were attending an event. The whole concept of Smart Inn is great but the management is a big letdown. We wanted a road facing room and since most of the rooms facing the road, were occupied on the first, second and third floor, we were given a room on the fourth floor. The room is very small and so is the bathroom. The check-in is a hassle, youhave to use the outdated automated machine, which takes ages. We were tired and settled in for the night but I could not sleep. I kept sneezing and sneezing as there was so much dust in the room. Immediately, I had to switch off the AC and open the window. Well, that was not all, after battling it out with the dust, I was finally falling off to sleep, when someone opens the door at 2.30am. I screamed and shouted at the person. Being two female travellers, the least you expect from any hotel is SECURITY!!! In the morning, when I reported the problem to the manager, he just said a casual ‘sorry’, like it was not a big deal and made me feel like, I was making a mountain of a molehill. The person who entered my room was a housekeeping staff, who was showing the room to a guest who had come in late. Such is the state of affairs at Smart Inn, that they don’t even know which room is occupied and which is vacant. The breakfast is pathetic, they just buy the food from the eatery (Roopali) close by. We did not even feel like eating the breakfast, as it was cold and the table on which the breakfast was served was not clean. One night was more than enough at this hotel. We shifted to Hotel Orbett close by. I forgot to take my camera on this trip, hence no pictures of the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo