“Value for money”

ibis Pune Viman Nagar
Ranked #18 of 232 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed 5 June 2013

it is a budget hotel chain so you go with limited expectations. But nice hotel, and very good value for money. Decent service, no frills and nothing fancy. But clean functional rooms, modern crisp hotel. Very good price. Decent location. Was a one nights stay so no complaints. For a budget its the best value

1  Thank Radhika758
Nikheel S, General Manager at ibis Pune Viman Nagar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune.

I am glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us & appreciated the facilities & services provided.Your kind appreciation is humbly received.

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I've stayed in Ibis Auckland before and thought the one in Pune would be at par. It was, at face value only. Nice decor, nice reception, similar rooms to other Ibis hotels, but cleanliness is a big question mark. I was traveling with my parents, and when we walked into my parents room (No. 207) it had this strong stench of cigarette smoke when we clearly asked for a non smoking room. That's not where the troubles ended. My room (No. 208) had a improperly sloping bathroom floor where the water collected after a shower on the wrong side, flooding the entire bath area. When we called house keeping, they sent a plumber but "forgot" to clean up. We had to call again for another person to clean up. On top of that, the coffee mugs were stained and so was the water heater.
Breakfast was a big spread but the sprouts served for breakfast looked clearly old with brown edges. The selection of items was funny too, who serves chicken stew with idly and dosa? Ibis goes with the tag line of 15 mins of satisfaction but when we we re checking out and told the receptionist about all this, he said oh.. we could have just changed your room. A little late I think!
Overall, for the price you pay per night and the Ibis brand, I think the Pune branch has a long way to go.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mridu_globetrotter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service and facilities.

Your experience does not reflect the level of service we endeavor to provide at Ibis Pune and I truly apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

Your feedback regarding the breakfast spread has been carefully noted. Our buffet breakfast spread is a mix of Continental, North Indian, South Indian and Maharashtrian Cuisine. The menu is cyclic and is different on each day of the week.

Conscious that any explanation does not erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through, I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed here a night to catch an early morning flight out of Pune. The people are courteous. The room is also clean. But, I would say, that for Ibis standards, the bathroom should have been spotless. It was clean, but the fine line that would say it was excellent, was missing. We checked out early and they had kept breakfast ready to take and go, in the lobby. The bed was good, linen clean. The shower was excellent. Overall it was pleasant.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank apukash

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune.

I am glad to know that you value our hotel & appreciated the facilities & services provided.Your feedback regarding the further improvement in our housekeeping services has been carefully noted.

Reviewed 31 May 2013

The hotel is situated on the main road which is the best thing. ... not many markets around except for a residential colony market - this market is good to buy a drink or two and small snackie items and daily needs... you need to walk till there...

Rooms - typical for any ibis - the rooms have a queen bed - so a family of two + a kid is difficult to fit in.. but rooms are typical of any Ibis aroudn the world... the dinner and breakfast has a lavish spread.. they are inconsistent with many things though - last night I had to wait for a 20 minutes for tandoori roti - this mroning no Early Grey Tea

Bathrooms are good - towels are outdated and worn out - today I have new ones.. the soap bar is bad - Mumbai Ibis hotel near domestic airport has better ones..

I have stayed many a times in the past but this time around the my bathroom smelled of urine when I checked in... and on the 3rd night of my stay there is no bath gel in the refill tube that they keep locked.. while taking a shower discovered there nothing left for most of my body - talk of cost savings..

Mineral water bottles in the room are down to half litre bottles - on the third night of stay i have 6 half-litre bottles sitting becos i have not used nay during my last 2 nights stay - this thenhotel keeps replenshing but not the bath gel which I need to use twice a day...

Room Tip: i always prefer the non smoking and HIGHWAY / road facing rooms - they are bright - in other u have...
1  Thank Kapil A

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at ibis Pune and for your comments.

Your feedback has been taken on board and it is very distressing for me personally to learn about your experience. Please be assured that poor guest experience is not the norm at Ibis Pune.

Conscious that my explanations do not erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through, I hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence.

We value your patronage and hope to see you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

I stayed in this hotel with two of my colleague for about 5 days in dec 2011. I had a nice experience that time. So i booked again in apr 13 on my official trip. But this time the stay was awful. Starting from booking manager on the phone to the waiters in the dining hall, they all appear to me like that they do no welcome guests. and they are not bothered about their guests. There was no politeness of a service industry.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ujjkr
Nikheel S, General Manager at ibis Pune Viman Nagar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune. It is with sincere regret that I note your dissatisfaction with our service & facilities. The experience you have been through is unacceptable and I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. As a hotel we are committed to providing comprehensive support to all our valued guests during their stay with us.

It is our constant endeavor to provide consistently high quality of service to all our valued guests and I assure you that all possible corrective measures have been taken to serve our guests better.

Conscious that any explanation cannot completely erase the unsatisfying experience you have been through, I hope you will give us another opportunity to regain your confidence.

Warm regards

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Good location for business trip because near the airport. Also close to good restaurant and place to have a drink at night but Room are expansive for Pune and Transportation from/to the airport is way too expansive. Room are clean and literie is good.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Nikheel S, General Manager at ibis Pune Viman Nagar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your valuable feedback.

We are very pleased to read that you appreciated the facilities and services provided during your stay at our hotel.

Your feedback regarding the pricing of the cab service & rooms has been carefully noted .

We all look forward to welcoming you back with us on your next visit to Pune.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I felt this place as perfect for short business trips, room rent is quite economical so gives a value for money.

Rooms sizes are small but remember its not meant for holidays, but provides everything that business traveler will require free Wi-Fi, working desk, dinning option, and reasonably good service.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Harshmeet
Nikheel S, General Manager at ibis Pune Viman Nagar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Ibis Pune.

I am glad to know that you particularly value our hotel & appreciated the facilities & services provided.Your kind appreciation is humbly received.