“Good hotel but you don't feel home”

The Westin Pune Koregaon Park
Ranked #6 of 224 Hotels in Pune
Ottawa, Canada
“Good hotel but you don't feel home”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

A good hotel overall but you simply don't feel home. It's just very commercially built and you can feel it all the way through. There has been an absence of competition in Pune for a 4 star hotel hosting international events (they had singers like Akon or Bryan Adams over) and they have become quite sleazy. The staff is welcoming but generally not helpful. It is very well located -- the ABC Farm complex next to the Westin has a lot to offer. Ask for a River view room at a high floor as you can often hear the music from the ABC Farm restaurants until 11pm if you face them. The pool is good but its next to the restaurant so you can be observed by the people eating over.

Room Tip: River facing, avoid facing the ABC farm complex.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Abhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time taken to give us an honest review of your experience with the hotel. We are in a constant pursuit to learn from our guests' feedback and enhance guest services to be more personalized and renewing. I have acknowledged your comments and assure you a welcoming change in being more personal on your next visit to the hotel.

Be Renewed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I have been a regular and very happy guest at The Westin Hyderabad over the past couple of years.
The hotel obviously matches any 5 star business hotel across the world in terms of its facilities, rooms, food, etc….. but what sets it apart is the genuine friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They’re the best I’ve encountered anywhere in the world (and I do travel a lot!) But the most important reason personally for my choosing to stay at The Westin Hyderabad is undoubtedly the singers – Jack & Jessica at the bar. They are simply amazing! When I’m in Hyderabad, I can’t wait to get through the days work so I can come back and listen to these two wonderful performers. Their melodious voices and incredible range of songs are a blessing that soothes me even after the most tiring and harrowing day at work. The hotel and its guests are so very lucky to have them perform 6 days a week! I have listened to several hotel performers over the years, but Jack & Jessica are unmatched! Not only are they perfect in their singing and performance, but they also put their heart and soul into every song they sing…and that makes such a huge difference. And the repertoire! Gosh! Sinatra, Carpenters, Scorpions, Pink Floyd, Adele, Norah Jones, Bon Jovi, Stevie Wonder, Metallica, LMFAO, Lady Gaga….you name it!

My last assignment in India required me to visit Pune for a couple of days, and I naturally opted to stay at the Westin there, expecting the same warmth and efficiency….and some good live music. I am sorry to say that I was sorely disappointed on both counts. The Westin in Pune is very bland…service - very mediocre….Food - bad.....nothing that stands out. Everything was just about average. And the live music was not up to the mark at all….certainly not after being used to Jack & Jessica. In Hyderabad, I sit through their entire performance of 4 hours, right up until they leave the bar….but at the Westin in Pune I couldn’t make it though 2 songs! The singer was below average, and the choice of songs was very boring. I hope the management will pull their socks up on these issues.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Abhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to appreciate that you chose to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park during your visit to Pune and taking the time to share an honest review of the hotel. With reference to your insights about the food and the live entertainment I assure you that the corrective measures have been taken up and would be looking forward to welcome you soon to Pune for a renewing experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 March 2012

The rooms are amazing, the staff so friendly. Wonderful place to stay...mostly business travelers, but would be beyond comfortable as a tourist. You should see the bathtub!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I appreciate you patronizing The Westin Pune Koregaon Park and taking the time to write an honest review. I am delighted to know that your stay with us was a memorable experience during your visit to Pune. Looking forward to welcome you soon.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 23 March 2012

I was at the Westin in Koregaon park couple of months ago for 1 night. The rooms were good and so were the staff. However, the Indian restaurant at the hotel was not good at all. The food was very spicy and it spoilt the taste of the rest of the food. the restaurant did not even seem to be bothered by our experience. Refer to my earlier experience at Mariott in Pune where when the food had a plastic piece in it both the chefs apologised profusely and not just that when i went there the next time they remembered and made a special dish for me. The spicy food led 3 out of the 6 of us having our dinner there with upset stomach the next day.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Firstly I appreciate you choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park and taking time to share an honest review. While I thank you for appreciating our rooms and facilities I would like to assure you that your experience at our Indian dining venue has been addressed and adequate training has been undertaken to ensure the associates are aligned within the framework of personalized hospitality. Looking forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Switzerland
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Been there for three nights and I was very satisfied with all aspects. The staff is very helpful, friendly and committed to deliver best service. In room in which I was was, I could feel that hotel is operating few years already, but nothing dramatic, everything was clean and tidy. Italian restaurant in hotel is also very good.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Abhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know that you had a memorable stay at the hotel. We are constantly engaging our associates to deliver personal, instinctive and renewed guest experience. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit to the hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I went to India on business for about 2 weeks back in August 2011 and stayed at the Westin. I worked US hours and so most of my experience is limited to the early evening hours as I slept most of the day. I stayed in a standard room which was modern and and similar to other rooms I have stayed in while visiting the East. The room was definitely a little more spacious than normal which great for me since I like to lay all my clothes and belongings around the room.

The thing that stood out to me the most about this property was the customer service. The staff provided anything I needed whenever I needed. Since I worked the evenings they made sure my food order was at the front desk ready to go every night before I left for work. The staff in the restaurant always remembered me and what I ordered. They were also very friendly but overly talkative.

There are 3 different restaurants in the hotel and the food is amazing. I was concerned that i would not eat well but those concerns were put to rest the first night.

The scene outside of the hotel is a bit of a different story. There is not much to do or see around the hotel. There is a shopping center that is within walking distance that has a McDonalds which seems to be a hang spot for teens. I actually went there with one of the restaurant employees one day just to get out of the hotel. I like to explore so I walked around quite a bit but I know that many people would not be comfortable doing so. I was definitely an anomaly and received many stares. Nevertheless, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Mercedes F
Abhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 18 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I appreciate your time and effort taken to give an honest review of the hotel's product and services. I am delighted to know that your stay with us was a memorable journey and assure you the same personal, instinctive renewal on your next visit to Pune. Look forward to welcome you soon.

Moissac, France
Reviewed 10 March 2012

We stayed at the Westin from 22.01.2012 to 06.02.2012.
Having read some of these reviews I find it impossible to believe they were staying in the same hotel.
All of the staff (of all grades) were, without exception, professional & genuinely friendly, approachable & pleasant..
The catering is of the highest standard & there is a huge choice for all palates & nationalities.
We have stayed in many 5 star hotels & The Westin Pune must be the finest.
I cried for a full hour before we left & do hope to return soon.
Also, the hotel was extremely busy with a large wedding party for 2 days during our stay so it must have been difficult for the excellent housekeeping staff to cope with demands on there time & resources but they maintained the cleanliness & calm ambience of the hotel very well. Thank you everyone at the Westin Pune.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are lovely but the view is different from each side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina057
Abhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Guest,

I am pleased to know your stay at the hotel was not only a memorable journey but our associates established an emotional connect with you. In a persistent endeavor to offer a personal and instinctive experience in luxury it always is an assurance to receive a review about the guest's actual experience. I would like to thank you to take your time to give us your generous review. Looking forward to welcome you to another renewing visit to Pune.