“The most friendly service ever”

The Westin Pune Koregaon Park
Ranked #7 of 222 Hotels in Pune
Belmont, Massachusetts
“The most friendly service ever”
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Where do I start? I've stayed at the Westin from February 4 until April 28 on a business trip to Pune. I stayed in room 704, a very large room, with a huge bathroom and very nice view. I had no issues with anything in my room for the entire 3 month stay. The housekeeping service was perfect. I worked a UK shift and have asked my room to be cleaned after I left for work at 13h and was not bothered by anyone.

I know that I was probably treated a bit better that a one night stay guest, as I lived there for 3 months, but I was treated like royalty. I received a box of chocolates and a free head massage voucher for International Women's Day, a cake and a bouquet of red roses for my birthday and very friendly greetings throughout the day from all employees.

I would like to single out a few employees for their exceptional work:

Mr Zaki at Seasonal Taste restaurant who knew what I liked for breakfast and had my Bircher muesli, banana soy smoothie and black coffee at the table as soon as I showed up for breakfast. Ms Kooshboo who I placed my take away lunch orders every day with. Ms Pooja who had the biggest smile and kindest heart at Seasonal Taste. Ms Sonali for taking care of me. Ms Silvi who helped me with my sari and became a friend.

The food at the Westin is good, but a bit pricey for what you get for your money. There are plenty of choices continental, Indian and Asian.

The hotel is clean, modern and conveniently located next to shopping and a variety of restaurants in Koregaon Park.

The gym at the hotel is very nice too. I had a yoga instructor come three time a week and we used the meditation room at the gym. It was very nice to be in a secluded area of the hotel where nobody interrupted us.

The spa was heavenly. A bit expensive, but I had two really nice massages.

The pool is very nice, but unfortunately once the sun hides behind the building, one cannot tan in the afternoon.

The executive club is on the 4th floor and it's a nice place to go to read a book on the large sunny terrace or to have a few drinks during happy hour.

If I ever go back to Pune I will definitely stay at the Westin and make sure I recommend it to my colleagues as well.

Congratulations on Hospitality Biz Hotel of the Year Award! Well deserved.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a nicer view (sunsets and the green ABC Farms), but can be a bit loud when...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Abhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to know of your experience at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park was a cherished one. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review and your appreciation of the product and services. We have persistently aligned and engaged our associates to deliver a personalized service and make each moment memorable be it the International Woman's Day or your dietary preference and working hours. I look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Pune.

Be Inspired.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed for 1 night here to get away from busy Pune for our Anniversary.I would give full points to the location. Its close to the airport and In centre of buzz yet very quite for a calm getaway.There are malls and movie halls close by. Array of eating places ,though we dined at the Hotel.
We drove to the hotel and the parking was complimentary for the stay for guests.The check in went very smooth.We had booked for an executive room.The room was spacious and clean with all basic amenities required.The spa at the hotel was very nice and great value for money.
We ordered our lunch in the room and we had access to the executive lounge which served good choice of both alcoholic/non-alcoholic drinks and horsd'oeuvre. There were some bollywood celebs in the lounge besides us. We then headed for dinner .We ordered for main course,My husband ordered Pasta and I ordered lamb .Pasta was awesome butlamb - which tasted a little weird to me and I didnt really eat after a bite,just enjoyed the salad served by side .I didnt order another dish as I was not really hungry after horsd'oeuvre .When they bought the cheque and we signed it , he asked us how was the dinner ,I politely informed our server that i just didnot like the lamb at all as it tasted really bad to me although pasta was perfect.In the room we were sent 2 chocolate pastries which was a nice surprise. Next morning we had our breakfast which was really very general as expected with any 5 star hotels. We then rested a while and check out of the hotel. We also noticed that we were not charged for th lamb in our final bill. Though it doesnt monetarily matter to pay for us or to waive for the hotel ,but the gesture was very sweet and these are small things that matter .We then drove to the mall close by to watch the new movie before getting back to work and daily chores of life.
But it was indeed a nice experience to stay at the Westin and I totally recommend the same.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Abhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to thank you on choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park for your anniversary and please accept my wishes for the occasion albeit late. I am very delighted to learn that your anniversary was a memorable occasion at the hotel and your appreciation for the hospitality and product on offer. Looking forward to welcome you soon on your next visit to Pune.

Elburn, Illinois
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Have been blessed to stay at many of the great hotels both inside and outside the US. This place was as nice as almost anywhere I have stayed at. Lots of employees willing to help, a very international feel to the hotel crazy breakfast buffet and several good restaurants for dinner. We ate at the Italian restaurant and it was the first meal I ate in India that did not taste like curry and that includes pizza from pizza hut the day before. The rooms were huge and really nicely done. The only down side is we walked outside to take a couple pictures as this is an oasis in a marginal area and right behind the hotel maybe 100 meters is a hillside with people living under tarps. Overall the rates were great/cheap but I would strongly recommend that if you are going to order a bottle of wine in the Italian restaurant you figure out the price in your local denomination as all I could do was laugh and say "pass". Most places charge 2 - 3x retail and the bottles where I recognized the prices were 8 - 10x which is just dumb.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe B
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park and appreciating our product and services among the luxury hotels in Pune. Secondly it is a delight indeed to know of the memorable experience you've enjoyed during your visit. We are consistently engaged in offering a surprise and delight to our guests and ensure you the same on your next visit to the city.

Be Well.
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 May 2012

All of the employees are extremely friendly. They were everywhere, and all reading from the same script. "Good morning sir. May I help you? What is your room number?" To the point that I was ready to start wearing a name tag with my room number on it.

The security to get into the hotel starts with a vehicle search at the gate, and proceeds to a TSA-like screening at the lobby, complete with an X-Ray of all bags. Anyone inside the hotel should be free from suspicion.

The restaurants were good, but empty. There were more employees in them than there were customers.

The prices were very expensive by Indian-standards. The hotel offers the western traveler some feeling of the west while in the middle of a high traffic city. Don't bother taking a walk, the area doesn't have much to offer. This hotel is far from any of the good markets.

I'd be remiss if I didn't hit on the wireless Internet. They use Nomadix, which resets every 5 minutes. Almost done with an email, and about to press "send"? Tough. Browser reloads, and you get to start over. Guests should be paid to use the wireless, not the other way around.

Room Tip: The side facing the entry is subjected to the numerous weddings that take place in season. The noise...
3 Thank Gennaker
Dear Guest,

I thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park and taking the time to write an honest review of the hotel's product and services. I have addressed your feedback with regards to the wireless internet to our information technology team and assure you of the seamless functioning. With regards to your appreciation of our rooms and restaurants I appreciate your observation. Look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Pune.

Be Inspired.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 26 April 2012 via mobile

Great helpful staff n nice breakfast variety. Location within reach to key areas like restaurants, city etc!!

• Stayed April 2012
4 Thank Ramashish S
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Westin Pune Koregaon Park among luxury hotels in Pune. I am pleased at your appreciation for our hospitality and product on offer and look forward to welcome you on your next visit.

Be Well.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Pune's best hotel by far without question and what you would expect from the Westin brand, great location, close to airport, close to IT parks, all restaurants are really great, the staff are fantastic and the exec lounge the perferct place to relax after work. Choose elsewhere at you peril.! I have had about 8 stays in last 3 months and still it does not disappoint and enjoy each visit, refreshing!

2 Thank JonnyN_66
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating The Westin Pune Koregaon Park as the best hotel in Pune. It is the motivation and generous appreciation by guests such as yourself that align and engage the hotel's team to excel in offering outstanding guest experience to our guests. I look ahead to your next visit.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Despite a great location and a great building...though access to the entrance up a heavily secured gated ramp is a bit too tedious...the hotel falls short of expectations.
The rooms are beautifully furnished and the bathrooms are top-notch but the restaurants are largely empty and even breakfast was a disappointing buffet...lots of variety and quantity at the buffet but poor quality by Westin standards. Dinner was so disappointing...we sent back an inedible pizza..the staff replaced it with a scarcely better one from the Italian restaurant...as our meal was ending! The hotel seems too large for its guest traffic and the lobby and common areas were poorly decorated. Service was adequate and polite but hardly memorable...this hotel needs to study guest relations at the nearby Ista hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank gammo
AnuraagBhatnagar, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park during your visit and the time taken to write an honest review of your experience. With regards to your feedback on breakfast buffet as well as the dining experience at the Italian restaurant I have addressed the issue with my food & beverage team and assure you an enhanced experience on your next visit. We are persistent in engaging our associates with adequate training to improve upon the guest experience and offer a personalized service to each of our guests. Look forward to welcome you on your next visit to Pune.