“Good stay but food and people a let down”

The Westin Pune Koregaon Park
Ranked #7 of 232 Hotels in Pune
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was my second visit to a Westin property, the first was Westin, Chennai, where the experience was world class but the Westin, Koregaon park, Pune fails to impress. The property of course is splendid, the ambiance and decor is spot on. The eighth floor suite I stayed in had a beautiful view of the city. What fails to impress is the staff. The courtesy is almost non-existent and whatever warmth is extended is forced and wooden. Either the staff are over worked or have just stopped being bothered with nicety. I stayed for two nights and was offered breakfast, brunch and dinner on the house along with a voucher for two cocktails at mixed36.

I entered mixed36 and a couple of bouncers stared me down, my first few minutes in the city wasn't exactly warm starting with these body builders, I smiled and acknowledged them [understanding the tough job they do] but all I got in return was a rough rubber stamping on my inner wrist. Went in, looked around the pub, there was no one to guide us to our seats, everyone seemed real busy for an empty pub. Pulled a stool at the bar and presented the voucher to bar tender, looks like these guys had never seen one, the bar tender excused himself and went out to look for this senior, who came after a good five minutes and examined the voucher with the keeness of a watch maker, and cross questioned us on the dates to confirm we didn't sneak in for a petty drink, finally after 10 minutes of authentication, we ordered a Cosmopolitan and a margarita, a sip of each and it was horrible. The margarita had more sugar syrup than the alcohol and the presentation a let down, the cosmopolitan was equally bad if not worse.

Then the dinner buffet, similar drilling, looks like the employees/waiters have no idea of the Add-ons that are offered to the guests. Food was again a let down, the service was poor. The checkout was also a hassle, though the front desk was informed of my checkout time I was made to wait for fifteen minutes, till the final details were pulled up.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view of the city
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Ravish B
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for an honest feedback of your experience at the hotel and would like to assure that your pointers have been addressed with the concerned departments. Please accept my apologies for the unpleasant experience. We take our guests' experience as a learning to train our associates for delivering a memorable experience. I regret the inconvenience you had while your previous visit, however I would like to welcome you to the hotel for a renewed stay in your next visit to Pune.

Do let us know when your travel plans are finalized. It will be a pleasure to make the necessary arrangements.

Be Well.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,765)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stay here often and always look forward to going back. Great range of restaurants where the staff are always ready to cook any variation on the wonderful food to suit, whether you are jet lagged or adventurous.
Staff are very nice and genuinely keen to help.
Rooms are spotless and spacious.
Lovely place to stay for business.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your experience at the hotel.

I am happy to note you had a pleasant stay and left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services. Your kind words of appreciation have been conveyed to our team, for whom they will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

It is a fab hotel with great service. Loved the rooms. The hotel staff is very polite. Chef Samim and Chef Parag made an amazing 50th birthday cake for my uncle. It was a Butterscotch flavor and everyone loved it. The food was also amazing. Loved our stay there completely. I just wish the pool area was bigger. But rest of it was a great experience.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Stayed here for a weekend and it was was beautiful.. the terrace Club rooms are pleasantly big and even have a treadmill next to the bed ! The terrace, overlooking the greens and the swimming pool had a nice sit-out too and it was very peaceful.. Since we had all our meals out, just had the breakfast at Seasonal Taste, which was very elaborate, westin style ! Location is of the hotel is spot-on, right at one end of Koregaon Park, and most of the places worth visiting is within a 20mins driving radius..

This is the place to stay if you are in pune >>>

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the pool are quieter >>
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

We are extremely happy to note that we have exceeded your levels of expectations.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Recently stayed at the Hotel and had a couple of meals at the Italian Restaurant where Chef Guiseppe Lioce took care of our group. I would say this was some of the best Italian food I have ever had anywhere in the world. The custom preparation's were simply "awesome," and the the freshness and service provide by Chef Guispe was unlike any place else I have eaten. My colleagues and I were very impressed by the food and the service. Hope to make it back to the hotel in the near future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to know that you have carried back fond memories of your time at Prego.

We look forward to more opportunities to be of service.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I have stayed and eaten at hotels across the globe and i would say Westin is right up there. The rooms are beautiful spacious clean, excellent beds great view transparent windows. The bathroom is one of the showstoppers for most hotels and Westin definitely has one of the best it has a automatic curtain which has a transparent window and you can see the entire bathroom when the curtain is pulled up with a bath tub.

the complimentary breakfast and if you go the brunch afternoon or dinner it is really good awesome quality food massive layout 4 cuisines and desert and cold cut counter. Roast chicken which you can cut yourself and serve. just brilliant. great service as well

Awesome infinite pool showcasing the westside of Pune

I watch a lot of cricket and it was the IPL 2013 an interview with Brett Lee a premium Australian fast bowler he stayed in Westin and felt that it was the best hotel he had stayed in Pune

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Reviewed 29 June 2014

As an Eat Drink and More member , I was entitled to a night's complimentary stay . I decided to treat my mother to a week end at the hotel for Mother's Day. The staff - right from Ms Anjali at the EDM office, reception , staff at the restaurant "Seasonal Tastes" - Anuj - were very helpful and helped make the stay a very pleasant and memorable one .
My daughter who is in the US wanted a special Mother's Day breakfast sent to the room - waffles and a platter of fruit - unfortunately she was unable to put through the card details, but the staff were nice enough to take care of it and serve us a complimentary breakfast which I thought was very sweet of them

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
sujkum1, General Manager at The Westin Pune Koregaon Park, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.