“Chef Giuseppe at the rescue of Prego!”
Review of Prego

Prego
Ranked #12 of 6,989 Restaurants in Pune
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We haven't visited Prego in more than two years after having several bad experiences especially with food quality and freshness.

A couple of weeks back friend suggested me to try the new cuisine of Prego, we reluctantly went for a quick small dinner.... it was a mistake! We should have planned for a three course meal!

Not only the ingredients were clearly improved (from unacceptable to excellent) but food is really autentic Italian food now... small wonder the restaurant was crowded!

Since then we visited three more times and we are planning to be weekly customers ... definetly suggest Prego to anyone who wants to experience fine Italian dining...

Besides Chef Giuseppe is a very nice person who cares for the guest to feel at home!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Prego restaurant in Pune is one of the best Italian restaurants in the state of MH, the chef devotes passion and attention to all customers Indian and not, shame about the service "disastrous" the manager, instead of attracting customers, driver them away, he is always angry, he does not handle the waiters who do what they want.
As late last night, he without asking anything, cleared the table, the excuse was that I took the main course (baked orecchiette, a first in Italy) and he has thought that I did not want anything more.
Although angry, I continued sipping a mixed fried fish as I have eaten a few in these parts.
Luckily I went over his dislike and lack of professionalism! Thanks Giuseppe!!
I have not given you the maximum score for just that incompetent managers and service.

sujkum1, General Manager at Prego, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly thank you for an honest feedback of your dining experience at Prego.

I would like to assure that your pointers have been addressed with the concerned. We take our guests' experience as a learning to train our associates for delivering a memorable experience.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you on your last visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Have been to this restaurant 10 times in last 2 years .. Chefs changed and so did the menu. The menu always has been limited and lacks variety - limited selection and go there 2/3 times .. You won't have much to eat .. Prices are high as expected. Some of the dishes are really good and some below average for Prego standards ... Given the stature of chefs and Westin , availability of ingredients should not be a deterrent in creating a great menu ...Given limited choice you don't feel like visiting again ... Hospitality from chef side is excellent but service staff is lacking .. However it was a surprise to get bitten by Mosquitos for dinner this time... Again food will depend on what you choose and if you are lucky u might get a best italian otherwise something below average .... Chef should look into this to maintain overall delivery of food served in Prego ...like this place but food needs a improvement

sujkum1, General Manager at Prego, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to write a review of Prego, our modern Italian restaurant serving authentic regional home style dishes.

I would like to assure that your pointers have been addressed with the team at the restaurant. We take our guests' experience as a learning to train our associates for delivering a memorable experience.

Looking forward to your future visits to showcase improvements in the areas of concern.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Never have I tasted the best Italian food from chef Jiosppe. I have been in Italy more than once but now i am really happy to find in Pune the real Italian restaurant. I surely will come to the Puglia festival to have the real taste of south Italy.

sujkum1, General Manager at Prego, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate the time taken to write a review of our Italian dining - Prego. I am delighted to know that you have finally found a venue of choice that serves authentic Italian cuisine. Look forward to your next visit to Prego.

Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Very. Very. Good. I am italian. And i was feiling at home. Thanks giuseppe. See you again. And. Again.
This week for puglia festival i will be there with friends.

sujkum1, General Manager at Prego, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the extremely generous praise and kind words for Prego.

Your compliments have been conveyed to Chef Giuseppe.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.