“Great hotel with mediocre service”
Review of Hyatt Regency Pune

Hyatt Regency Pune
Ranked #7 of 222 Hotels in Pune
“Great hotel with mediocre service”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Was in Pune for an event that was hosted here.

Tremendous Hotel in terms of fit-out and build quality. Great mix of F&B options and value add ons like an Indoor Pool and a great Spa. Spanking clean and by and large polite staff. The pool even had swimming gear for my kids which makes it very user friendly

The problems are as follows:
Although an international brand, India specs are important and we like our Faucets in the WC area. I was probably right because on two occasions I spotted house keeping running to rooms with buckets and mugs. The shower does not have a spout for testing the water temperature so you will either get a cold shock or hot shock when you turn on the rain shower and there is no room to stand to one side of it. The telephones are tricky to use and have a learning curve. The back panel on mine was hanging off. You will take time to find where the coffee tea makers are hidden. These are mild irritations that could have been avoided with better planning at project stage.

But the shocker was this. My parents room did not have the Mugs and coffee Tea sachets in the room and I called room service. They said I should speak to Housekeeping. Housekeeping asked me to speak to room service. They sent some crockery from the restaurant because they were not the in-room mugs that were in my room. Does not matter. I assumed that the room was made ready in a hurry. But the next day the story was the same. They did not replenish the brewing station and again no mugs and coffee Tea sachets. Again I was sent back and forth between departments. I mean these things are ambiguous on whose responsibility it is. Is the Guest supposed to know? I sent some replenishment from my room and my parents were sipping coffee from the rinsing glasses provided in the toilets. I thought this was rather odd situation even after bringing it to their attention.

The food was not remarkable at the lobby cafe restaurant and Banquets and certainly not something to go back for. Did not try the specialty restaurants.

Service is generally slow. 20 mins average for things like bell boys, replenishment etc. i'm not speaking about room service. The hotel was very full so perhaps we should cut some slack.

Check in and Check out were smooth and fast.

It was a comfortable stay no doubt. Not necessarily memorable except for the event itself.

Room Tip: The views are pretty much the same. You can either look into the central driveway or the neighbors.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank aroorprashanth
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to understand that that your like the hotel and your check in and check out experience but there were certain service issues which we could not live up to it. Do accept my sincere apologies for the lapse of services. I have discussed your comment personally with the house keeping manager and the team down the line and have expressed my concern and I completely agree that we cannot go wrong in basics. I have discussed the food part personally with executive chef . Please be rest assured that we have taken your comments seriously and shall take all necessary measures to ensure all our patrons carry back fond memories.
Please do write back to me directly for all your future visit or you may call me directly on my hand phone number mentioned below. I shall be happy to personally assist you.
We thank you once again for patronizing us. I look forward to personally welcome you soon.
+919158893004

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 28 May 2014

i stayed in hyatt regency pune for 2 weeks in april for a business trip. the hotel is very nice 5 star material.the staff was accommodating especially when i arrived and reqlized out coordinator didnt include airport transfer or package like breakfast or internet.

the concierge was helpful to offer packages suited for my budget and stay with a discount. i took the club twin which i enjoyed the lounge

kudos to hyatt regency pune and when i get back in july i will definitely stay again.

i do hope i get my gold passport card delivered soon as i only have a printout.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank emmang919
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you liked our Over all services and you enjoyed our club lounge.Your comments has been duly shared with out entire team. The concierge team was very happy and motivated to read your comments.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Close proximity to the airport is an advantage. Food very expensive, room ambience ok not great to the level of 4 star. Restaurant is reasonably ok overall since been a regular visitor to Marriott chain this is a shade low to that but ok for a day if you are on business and want to stay in the centre of the city and close to airport.

Few things could be improved especially the room service, had to follow up few times before I could the same.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We as team have gone through your comments in detail and have addressed it in an appropriate forum. I shall be happy to understand your concern in detail about rooms and food and take appropriate measures so that out patrons are happy and carry back fond memories. Do accept my sincere apologies.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 May 2014

No problem property. Great stay, good food. Wonderful location. very close to the airport. helpful staff. The overall ambiance is good.

A good 5 star property for a weekend, business etc.

Swimming pool is simply awesome.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you liked our ambiance, pool services and your over all stay experience. Your comments has been duly shared with out entire team.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

The quality of oriental food is one of the best I have ever tested and the dimsums are something to try once atleast, ambience is quite cosy & comfortable will surely visit it again with family & friends.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you liked your meal experience and appreciated oriental meal. We have discussed the same with our chefs and they were all delighted with your feedback.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Good location since it is close to the airport. Staff needs improvising. So does the 24/7 menu in the coffee shop. Very less variety. Breakfast spread is good enough. Nice ambiance and rooms are well kept and good housekeeping.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you liked our ambiance, the house keeping service and the breakfast spread. I thank you also for pointing it out on the areas of improvement. We have discussed the same in an appropriate forum.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here recently on the way to and from Aurangabad. We don't usually use the pool but on this occasion we were looking forward to some pool time after a few delightful but hot days visiting the caves at a Ellora and Ajanta. Be warned - always check if the facilities are available especially if you have kids who enjoy such activities, to avoid disappointment. In this case the pool was undergoing maintenance. Having said that the spa was next door and so we treated ourselves to a lovely massage!

Room Tip: Two pillows - one too hard, one too soft.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Razpeep
Ashish K, Manager at Hyatt Regency Pune, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor. We are happy to learn that you liked our SPA services. Do accept my sincere apologies on the closure of swimming pool. This was purely due to the annual maintenance schedule and enhance the safety measures deployed at pool area. We would like to inform you that the pool is back in operation.
Director of Rooms