“Failed to impress”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Failed to impress”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I went to this salon to avail of their navratri offer where they were offering whitening facial for 599 /- Having looked at this salon from outside many times, i had a gut feeling that this would be a wholesome place to visit with classy hair stylists and beauticians. I don't know about hair stylists however beautician part was a big disaster. The beautician who was assigned to me either didn't have a clue what a facial is or she was somehow determined to change the definition of facial. My session started with her futile attempt to put a lose hair band(which seemed as if it has lost it's elasticity and didn't want to close) to pull my hair back to make the forehead clear. Finally after a few minutes struggle, she left it open and tucked it underneath my ears.
Step 1: I was given a very brief face cleaning with what felt like a half wet tissue paper. When she started scrubbing part, i asked her to cover my eyes with cotton pads as my eyes are very sensitive to scrub and almost every time I go for a facial, scrub gets into my eyes and they burn for a long time post facial however she seemed very confident about the fact that scrub wouldn't get into my eyes and she kept repeating "trust me, just keep your eyes closed". As a matter of fact, it did get into my eyes and i had to pay a visit to their bathroom to wash my eyes after facial.
Step 2: After scrubbing she left the room and came back after 5 minutes only to tell me that electricity has just gone and since their power backup is not working either, she won't be able to give me a steam. When I questioned how she thinks she is going to remove blackheads, she said again very confidently that scrub must have wiped off all the blackheads & whiteheads along. When she saw an expression of suspicion on my face, she drenched my face with a wet tissue paper and pretended to remove blackheads which were actually not removed because when I reached home, I had to remove them.
Step 3: After scrubbing came facial massage which was actually felt like a joke since she only massaged my facial muscles for not more than 10-15 seconds. While I was continuously reassuring myself that there will be more, to my horror she wiped all the cream she applied on my face with a tissue paper and applied face pack which is the last step of any facial.
The only step throughout the facial which lasted more than few seconds was the wait time after she applied face pack and disappeared from room for a good 10-15 minutes.
After coming back she used a wet tissue paper to clean that face mask. I must say either she was true to mother earth by reducing wastage of paper or she was instructed by the salon to do so, but she insisted on wiping my whole face with one single tissue paper which started leaving mashed tissue paper pieces on my face, inside my nose, on my eyelids, everywhere and then came the golden words - "Madam, We're done!"
It took me 10 minutes to clean my ears in which she filled scrub and cream however forgot to clean it and my hair which absorbed steams flowing from wet paper napkins mixed with cream used in the process.
There was no professionalism at all. When i was given a gown to change into before facial, she came back inside the room within seconds without knocking prior to stepping in. There was no sunscreen or toner applied to my face post facial. There was no feedback taken. Beautician seemed completely untrained. She was using tip of her fingers to treat my face rather than combination of fingers & palms. Throughout the session, i never had a feeling of being into some trained hands, rather I felt as if a child has been fiddling around with my face and shooed me away after playing. I wouldn't go back to this place even if this facial which was given to me is offered for free.

Visited September 2011