“Eat here and sit outside near the waterfall”
Review of Baan Tao

Baan Tao
Ranked #11 of 6,745 Restaurants in Pune
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Thai, Malaysian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Our very popular Oriental restaurant Baan Tao - an award-winning restaurant that serves up authentic Chinese and Thai cuisine. Baan Tao continues to receive accolades for its authentic Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese fare. Indulge in unique dining experiences, such as dim sum lunches and shabu shabu, a popular hot pot in Japan. Relax to the sounds of a waterfall in the outdoor dining area or choose from charming Thai Salas or Chinese pavilions for something more intimate and romantic.
Pune
“Eat here and sit outside near the waterfall”
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The ambience here is great, and so is the food. If you are looking for good food, this is the place to eat. And on a Sunday, try the brunch at the Hyatt coffee shop. Normally items from Baan Tao are also part of this brunch. Since I am vegan, it's normally difficult for me to find enough food items in a restaurant but here I find more than enough. Its my favourite hangout on a Sunday :)

• Visited April 2014
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear AnuradhaPune

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have your comments of your experience at Baan Tao on a regular day dinner and Sunday Brunch. Baan Tao is engagement of all the senses for all your visits. it is about different experience every time.

We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food. We are thrilled to have read your comments and it is very motivating to get acknowledged for the same in such a forum.

We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments online. We hope to welcome you back to Baan Tao very soon

Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Beautiful Romantic ambience but disappointed on food”
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel & decided to step down to this restaurant for dinner. I love the look of this restaurant. The outside area is super super beautiful & truly romantic with a nice backdrop of water fall, big vases of red flowers, long back rest chairs in the waiting area. Looks like it's valentines day...

I didn't get a table outside so had to sit inside. Very quickly I ordered pan fried veg noodles which were a disappointment.. The noddles were not pan fried but seemed as deep fried. Besides most of it was burnt & the burnt taste was overpowering the dish. Since I was tired & wanted to rush back to my room I didn't get my dish changed. When the server asked for feedback I informed him of my displeasure & he was kind enough to waive off my bill. Since I refused for a waive off, he got me a platter of desserts, which I declined too & paid my bill & left.

HyattPune, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear shahvaishali

Thank you for posting your review.

We understand that you had a very mixed experience at Baan Tao. We are happy to know that you do loved the location, view and ambiance of the place.

Also we have noted your feedback in regard to some of the dishes mentioned by you.We value your feedback as this helps us a lot to constantly improve our product and services.

We look forward to welcome you once again at Baan Tao.

Best Regards

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, great service, cool ambiance”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Yesterday I had been in Hyatt Pune for my dinner, I was alone, 1 guy in coat (Atish), he escorted me in the Chinese restaurant, saying the street food festival is going on, which they served only on Thursdays and he almost convinced me to try that food, but the experience which I had, fabulous!!! Good food, great service, cool ambiance, I will recommend this to my friends and family, keep up the great job!!! Thanks to all of them for lovely experience and especially for recommendation.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DarshkGC
Dear DarshkGC

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to have wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. The Asian Street food concept is on every Thursday where the guests can experience entire Asian varieties at Baan Tao. We are really glad to know about your satisfaction regarding the concept, food and service.

Tehran, Iran
“Loved it”
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

My favorite Chinese restaurant in pune !!! Great food ! Nice place ! Nice decoration ! Really love the food specially dim sum brunch ! Reasonable price ! In the last 2 years I went there almost every week ;) good staff !

Visited February 2014
1 Thank SHAMIN R
HyattPune, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Shamin R

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have you as our regular repeat guest for more than two years. We value your patronage for our dining destination and certainly look forward for continuous hospitality over here.

We are thrilled to have read your comments and it is very motivated to get acknowledged for the same in such a forum.We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments online.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent service”
Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

I had been to this place with my friends for lunch the ambience of the restaurant is very impressive,the food was very good specially the chi Sui mai and the fried rice however I found the prawns dimsums were bit sweet, the service which was given by Nadeem was exceptionally adorable,will be definatly coming back to Baan Tao.

1 Thank Soniya022
HyattPune, at Baan Tao, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Soniya022

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have detailed and wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food and service. The team is highly motivated reading your comments and would continue doing so.