“Excellent food”

Ranked #9 of 6,834 Restaurants in Pune
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our very popular Oriental restaurant Baan Tao - an award-winning restaurant that serves up authentic Chinese and Thai cuisine. Baan Tao continues to receive accolades for its authentic Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese fare. Indulge in unique dining experiences, such as dim sum lunches and shabu shabu, a popular hot pot in Japan. Relax to the sounds of a waterfall in the outdoor dining area or choose from charming Thai Salas or Chinese pavilions for something more intimate and romantic.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The variety they have is excellent. it is very good value for money . The staff though are very courteous and friendly, the service is a tad slow.

1  Thank SwatiAJ
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Dear SwatiAJ

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food and service. The team is highly motivated reading your comments and would continue doing so.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

After a lot of contemplation of where to take my family for dinner, I finally thought of trying Baan Tao.
The staff at the entrance were extremely warm and welcoming. They guided us to the restaurant and honestly, the ambiance is breathtaking. The little pond with dragon fruit lamps were extremely calming and again, the staff gave us a warm welcome. One doesn't need to think over where to sit, every corner is as warm as it can get. The food and the drinks are very delicious. You must definitely try the Thai curry. It is a must try.
What mattered to me was a good decent crowd and a place my family would entry coupled with food that make your taste buds dance. Baan Tao is just the place for that. Quiet enough to let you spend a good time with your family or any kind of company.

For those you prefer indoor seating, well, Baan Tao has just the perfect simple yet classy arrangement for you, which is also extended to the outer outdoor seating with interconnected ponds. Who doesn't love watching gold fish now?

Overall, a wonderful experience. Decently costed.

1  Thank Tulika_Chelsea
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Dear Tulika_Chelsea

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have detailed and wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food, service and ambience. The team is highly motivated reading your comments and would continue doing so.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had been here for my girlfriends birthday.
We got seats outside. The dim lighting, waterfall and overall ambience was beyond expectations. The food was wonderful.
Service was excellent. They also got a cake for my gf without me asking for it.

Amazing!!

1  Thank RRN7989
Vimal V, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear RRN7989

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are pleased to have wonderful comments of your experience at Baan Tao. The special table arrangement in middle of the water body and waterfall on one side is a unique feature of the dining destination. Its a sensory experience and perfect romantic place.

We are really glad to know that we made your evening a special one by overall experience. We appreciate your taking the time to share your comments online. We hope to welcome you back to Baan Tao very soon

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

The ambience here is great, and so is the food. If you are looking for good food, this is the place to eat. And on a Sunday, try the brunch at the Hyatt coffee shop. Normally items from Baan Tao are also part of this brunch. Since I am vegan, it's normally difficult for me to find enough food items in a restaurant but here I find more than enough. Its my favourite hangout on a Sunday :)

Dear AnuradhaPune

Thank you for your comments posted on #TripAdvisor.

We are extremely delighted to have your comments of your experience at Baan Tao on a regular day dinner and Sunday Brunch. Baan Tao is engagement of all the senses for all your visits. it is about different experience every time.

We are really glad to know about your overall satisfaction regarding food. We are thrilled to have read your comments and it is very motivating to get acknowledged for the same in such a forum.

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

I was staying at the hotel & decided to step down to this restaurant for dinner. I love the look of this restaurant. The outside area is super super beautiful & truly romantic with a nice backdrop of water fall, big vases of red flowers, long back rest chairs in the waiting area. Looks like it's valentines day...

I didn't get a table outside so had to sit inside. Very quickly I ordered pan fried veg noodles which were a disappointment.. The noddles were not pan fried but seemed as deep fried. Besides most of it was burnt & the burnt taste was overpowering the dish. Since I was tired & wanted to rush back to my room I didn't get my dish changed. When the server asked for feedback I informed him of my displeasure & he was kind enough to waive off my bill. Since I refused for a waive off, he got me a platter of desserts, which I declined too & paid my bill & left.

HyattPune, Food and Beverage Manager at Baan Tao, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Dear shahvaishali

Thank you for posting your review.

We understand that you had a very mixed experience at Baan Tao. We are happy to know that you do loved the location, view and ambiance of the place.

Also we have noted your feedback in regard to some of the dishes mentioned by you.We value your feedback as this helps us a lot to constantly improve our product and services.

We look forward to welcome you once again at Baan Tao.

Best Regards