The Pride Hotel
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewspunjabi restaurantshivaji nagarvalue for moneythe heart of the citybusiness hoteldecent hotelhotel is locatedbusiness meetingvisited punefood qualityrailway stationvisited this hotelmorning breakfastnice staycourteous staffhouse keepingfc road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I've stayed here many times and although there are several hotels in the area, all charge high prices this hotel still remains a good combination of room, food and location. Its not that far from the airport with the usual pick up. Hotel certainly could do with a refurb in some of the rooms but I always found the staff there better than the others. Food can be very good

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Greetings from the City of Virtue!!!

Thank you for choosing The Pride, Pune, we’re glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We appreciate your having spared valuable time to complete this feedback as your feedback goes a long way to improving our services.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at The Pride Hotel, Pune

Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is a very good value-for-money Hotel. Staff are friendly and helpful. Restaurants and bars are quite reasonably priced. The rooms are clean and well equipped (if somewhat overstocked with a bewildering variety of light switches) and quiet. Overall a very good experience and recommended to business travellers to Pune. I had left items in the refrigerator on an early departure to the airport and they arranged to have them delivered to me before the plane departed without charge. Very thoughtful.

Reviewed 11 February 2012

This was the second time I stayed here in last 6 months. The location is convenient but the entrance to the Hotel is not so like the good ones. I got a free pickup from the Airport. My bag came late on the Baggage Carousel and I came to the Arrival ASAP. The suited gentleman who came to pick me up said he waited too long and in that time he even called my agent who had booked this Hotel for me. I was made to feel guilty for the late Baggage.
The Hotel is a bit old but the touching has been done. I get a feeling that they have some rooms ( older ones ) which are around 100 USD and the better ones are more expensive. They do not say that but an older agent of mine staying in Pune told me so.
The Breakfast is good though the coffee and Masala Tea are on a common Table in a flask refilled frequently.
The Dalai Lama too was staying the same day when I was there. So now you know it is a DALAI LAMA preference. There was some security and before I arrived I heard they were checking all people , which is good.

Room Tip: Ask them not to give the refurbished rooms . Ask them for the NEW rooms

Reviewed 30 January 2012

Location wise pretty convenient as it is located in Shivajinagar from where it is easy to travel within Pune. Rooms are reasonably comfortable and clean. But that's about the positives for the hotel. For a hotel that projects itself as a premium business hotel, it has no free internet. Also the soundproofing of the room was terrible. Avoid the Dhaba styled restaurant. The food and the service is pathetic. The coffee shop on the ground floor is decent.

Room Tip: Be careful if you are offered rooms on the 2nd floor. Some of the rooms look out to the restaurant and can be very noisy right upto the restaurant closing time
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business

Dear Sir,

Greetings from the "City of Virtue".

Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to convey your feedback.

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you during you stay with us.

Necessary lessons have been drawn from your feedback.

I will assure you that we will provide you with room of your choice in your next visit. Complimentary internet facility can be availed at the Business Center.

Looking forward to meeting you and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Reviewed 28 January 2012

Staying with Pride, Pune was a satisfactory experience. I lived in the hotel and also trained in one of their halls. So I got to experience both.

Day one, after I checked in, I went to their restaurant, Casablanca, with 2 others who accompanied me. The service was deliberately slow, the staff inattentive. When I wrote a feedback on this at their website, I promptly did get an apology mail. But the service did remain poor at the restaurant which hosted the buffet breakfast everyday. It had a very decent spread and tasty dishes. There was a large number of staff to serve the customers but I found insufficient and inefficient service everyday. In my 10-day stay, I found glasses at the juice counter only on one day. The tables either didn’t have tissues or people forgot to serve me water. One day, I asked for fruits since the tray was empty. The fruits did not come by the time I finished eating an idli and wada. The staff here definitely needs lessons in basic customer service.

The stay was good. The check-in/check out was quick and efficient. The rooms are comfortable with sufficient amenities. The DND tag stayed intact even though I was out for a night. I had a to change a couple of personal bookings for the weekend which was done readily by the hotel. The staff is courteous in general but the front desk staff can certainly smile more often than they do right now. Their answers to queries is prompt but their faces serious.

Bad: The room menu is way too over-priced. For someone like me who stays on company expenses with not a big budget, it was difficult to make a choice. I had to order only dinners, each one easily ran into Rs. 500 for one person. (their club sandwich is for Rs. 250!!). I liked their noodles and chinese vegetable curry so I ordered it again the next day. but the noodles had way too much salt and the curry wasn't tangy enough. This, after I exceed my dinner budget limit. It's good that they come to collect the tray on their own in 30 minutes after delivery, sometimes it becomes difficult. I hadn't finished my food yet on two occasions.

The tap in my bathroom leaked for my entire stay despite bringing it to their notice. Their promptly sent someone to repair it but no use. The only problem was the noise it made plus waste of water. I had to hit the tap down and it would stop leaking. Electricity conked off in my room on the last day morning just as I was getting ready to go for my training. They did their best and restored it in 20 min but that's precious time early in the morning.

One dinner at Puran da dhaba was good. The food is yummy, great ambience. Here, the staff is too quick at their service. Some of our starters were still on our table while I went to check out the main course. (one person was still seated at our table). They were all cleared by the time we came back! That was a bit if a dampner!!

The training experience was good. The halls are professional with audio equipment in place. Hence request for a collar mike was promptly complied with. But they included a table mike in the package. When I asked them to replace it with a collar mike at no extra cost, they were adamant about it. The service here was generally good. Tea/coffee was on time.

By far, even Pride, Pune can learn a bit from their counterparts in Ahmedabad.

Dear Sir,

Greetings from the "City of Virtue".

Thank you very much for sparing your precious time to convey your feedback.

We were indeed pleased to have your valuable and honest comments.

Necessary lessons have been drawn from this incident and the concerned department/staff has been severely reprimanded and briefed on the same.

I assure you that this sort of negligence will not be repeated in the future for which I take personal guarantee.