“One of the hotel good recommended in Pune” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Pride Hotel

The Pride Hotel
Ranked #39 of 221 Hotels in Pune
Navi Mumbai, India
“One of the hotel good recommended in Pune”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Pride in Pune recently and would like to recommend to more travelers.
Hotel have good ambiance , decor with courteous staff.

I have enjoyed the quality of food there located in a central place.

Room Tip: Room locations are good
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback.

I would like to thank you for your appreciation. We shall most certainly share your appreciation of our staff with them which I’m sure will go a long way in motivating our staff.

Once again we thank you for your patronage and look forward to receiving you very soon at The Pride Hotel, Pune

Associate Vice President

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Decent propety , but a word of caution do not eat here , specially the so called dhaba. the gazal singer will bore you to death and the kebabs are either fried or burned. stay safe and order room service or have buffet at the coffee shop

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Sir,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us. We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to comment on your experience. On behalf of The Pride, Pune staff I would like to apologizes for the poor quality of food and service that you experienced. I can ensure you that we take great pride in serving our guests and that we are very sorry that we did not deliver on this occasion. We have shared this with our Food and Beverage team as well to ensure that this is addressed immediately.

Thank you again.

Pune, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you are travelling to Pune,then you have to stay here. The staff is very friendly and will do all they can to make your stay more comfortable. Their service is quick and they always serve with a smile. I would definitely stay here again and recommend the place to everyone.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I was here in Pune for a wedding. I opted for this hotel as it was near to the wedding destination.
A fantastic place to be with family. Good food. Courteous Staff. Wonderful ambiance and decor. I am a regular client here since last 8 yrs.

Room Tip: Ask for renovated 4th floor rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

My loyal readership will know that I am 'slow to chide and swift to bless' and I have wondered for a few days about writing a negative report. However, my introduction to India in the past few years was through the Pride Group and when I discovered that I was checked into the Pride Hotel in Pune I entered the door with a pretty positive feel. The hotel is old, dark and the rooms are dated. In many Indian Hotels this can actually be attractive and interesting but not in the case of this hotel. The airport pickup was on time and the car of good quality. Check-in was impeccable and the room was dark but just fine.

Then at 10:00pm we went down to dinner in a restaurant advertised as being open till 11:00. I don't really know what to say, there was the usual array of buffet silver globes. Some were down to the scrapings - they had not been refreshed for some time. I felt all the containers - some were cold. The starter collection was in a worse depleted state, with spilt servings not cleaned up. But even if they had been impeccable the choice was unimaginative and very ordinary. The general feelings of my colleague and I became obvious to the staff and after we sat down some effort was made to bring us 'peace offerings' from the kitchen. The wine-list was of the same genre, unexciting and did not show us the real good wines which abound now in India.

We left the dining room, fed but feeling disappointed. Breakfast was similarly patchy. Chutney was missing from the Idly and we had to ask twice - surely whoever set the place up should have noticed this. There were coffee cups, but no saucers and I had to go and ask for them,. The bread for toast etc was nasty cut stuff, no fresh bread so often found in good hotels.

So what is the bottom line. A fine old hotel, showing its age but this could be part of the charm. It would have been nice had the kettle in my room worked so I could have made coffee, for instance. The lift was erratic. I was amazed to find, beside the lavatory paper a multiposition switch enabling me to change the channel of the music and adjust the volume. Incongruous and fascinating but, in keeping with the rest of the hotel, it did not work and the variable control for the volume was dangling loose. But quirky and worth a picture. The hotel recommended taxi service let us down and we had to find another.

The key however was the total lack of professionalism on the part of the staff in the dining room. Things were not right, as customers we had to ask for things which a driven and enthusiastic team would have put right. In a phrase, the top management need to 'get their act together' before one could recommend this hotel. I have heard that this is a Group problem of late but this is not the forum for this discussion.

Room Tip: Check your taxi arrangements if made by the hotel. Don't expect much if you eat late.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Mr. Cross,

Please feel free to contact me directly the next time you are planning to visit Pune . We will definitely make your next stay here with us even more enjoyable. As, it would be my pleasure to take care of you.

Thank you again.

Associate Vice President

Travellers are raving about these Pune hotels

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was chosen for proximity to seminar venue. The room I was allotted had carpet in room. This led to room having a stale smell which is very annoying. The food while dining in room was not upto the mark. Breakfast was OK, but could have been better. Complimentary airport pick-up and drop is highly appreciated.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Mr. Dewan,

I would like to personally thank you on behalf of my entire team here at the The Pride Hotel, Pune for your business and feedback.

It is unacceptable that you were checked into a room with such deficiencies. We do have a regular maintenance schedule to retouch the guestrooms. We take cleanliness very seriously and I have shared your comments with my teams. It is our goal that every guest has a satisfying stay with us, and I would like to personally apologize that you did not receive our best. We also have wooden flooring rooms in our hotel, please let me know about your next visit so that we can block the same for you.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am a regular customer of this hotel. This time I stayed for a marriage here. We were there for almost four days. We had great time. It is a perfect destination for marriages. Lip-smacking food. Courteous and very Helpful Staff.
I would recommend this hotel to all who are planning a visit to Pune.
Thanks once again for a memorable stay at The Pride.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ThePrideGroup, General Manager at The Pride Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014

Thank you very much for such a positive feedback.

I would like to thank you for your appreciation of our food. We shall most certainly share your appreciation of our staff with them which I’m sure will go a long way in motivating our staff.

Associate Vice President
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pune
The Centurion Hotel
#9 of 41 in Nagpur
Hotel Shreyas
Hotel Shreyas
#23 of 221 in Pune

Been to The Pride Hotel? Share your experiences!